Boise State in DEEP trouble...

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
The NCAA has charged Boise State with a lack of institutional control following an alleged major violation in women's tennis and secondary violations in four sports, including football.

The school released its official response to the allegations Monday evening and will go before the NCAA's Committee on Infractions June 10. A final report and penalties will be issued several months after that meeting.

"We are deeply committed to following all NCAA rules and to ensuring that our athletic department works diligently so that our procedures reflect the highest standard," Boise State president Bob Kustra said in a statement. "I am disappointed that we face these allegations. It is unacceptable, and the athletic department staff understand and agree with my position."

The university has made fixes, done its own internal investigation and hired a new compliance officer, Kustra said.

The secondary violations in football involved impermissible housing, transportation and/or meals to prospective student-athletes from 2005 to 2009.

In all, the NCAA found the total value of impermissible benefits through five years was $4,934 for all of the housing, transportation and meals provided to 63 incoming student-athletes. All services ranged from $2.34 to a maximum of $417.55 and have been reimbursed by the student-athletes.

Boise State cited for lack of institutional contol along with NCAA violations - ESPN

This does not bode well for Boise State athletics.

The NCAA has charged Boise State with a lack of institutional control following an alleged major violation in women's tennis...

That happened to a school around here. Cheated at women's and men's tennis, women's and men's soccer, and men's track.

In a word, why? I do not approve of, but understand, cheating at a revenue sport. It makes money, draws interest to the school, etc.

WTF cares how a school's women's tennis team does?

Either a rogue coach and a dope for an AD and compliance director, or what?