Bones season prem audio issues fox ATL hd

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
Im watching the Bones season premier on Fox Atlanta hd feed on an H20 using hdmi and a seperate audio feed by rca to my theater receiver, on both the tv and the theater receiver the audio is delayed by a second making it really annoying. I've done a reset on the receiver and the annoyance is still there, is anyone else experiencing this in the Atlanta dma or elsewhere.

Had the same issue here. Oddly (or maybe not) digital OTA was just as bad. :cool:

I think this is the key as I've seen the same on the OTA feeds. As Dtv likes to say, were just up-linking whatever they are giving us. I've jumped to HD as soon as it was available and have seen this annoying problem on every HD channel from time to time. I've chalked it up to HD 'growing pains' & have learned to live with; even (yikes) switching to the SD version if I really want to watch the program. You can try CC if you can handle the silence.

I've also seen it on every imaginable TV/Cable combo.

I watched a majority of the program OTA HD and did not have the issue described.

Switched to the D* feed and still did not have this issue.

Using HDMI-DVI and Optical audio.

The only issue I had with both feeds was the audio levels. The program itself had a much lower audio level than the commercials and local cut ins. That was annoying.

The audio issues with HD is fast becoming the biggest complaint that I have and Im seeing it on D as opposed to rarely with Charter cable. Specificaly its been diferent levels of audio within a program, out of synch audio to video, the hd audio feed 10 - 20 levels lower than the same in SD and ofcourse the commercials being 20 - 40 levels higher than the program.

Both OTA and DirecTV were fine here in DFW. I suspect it was a problem at your local network station.

We telephoned fox 25 to find out what the problem was concerning their broadcasting. They state a part went out and they went to Florida for the new part so it should be installed in about one week.

Ok so over the last two weeks the audio issue has been persistent once fox goes into the 8pm prime time block of shows. Last night the audio was 1 - 1.5 seconds was ahead of the video on House so I called up to direct about it and the csr did something on his end and it brought it up to within .5 second. Looking through directs techforum there is a decent amount of others who are experiencing the same issue on the hd boxes whether dvr or non dvr and on various tv and theater receiver types. Its enough for me that I am considering cable again because Im not getting what I pay for wich is a reliable service.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts