Bookmark icon

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerMax

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2006
Hiya all, I noticed that when I bookmark the sites main page to my Firefox Bookmarks tool bar that no icon appears like with other web portals. It would be nice to have that little dish on there.

Thanks

I raised this issue a long time ago; I have the same problem. The little satellite icon appears in the URL but not in the toolbar. Not sure why. But it never seems to work in Firefox.

I third this request. I wonder what is different between satguys and other sites that the icon shows up. I get icons for sites like Weather.com, Yahoo Mail, Gmail, craigslist, etc...

I third this request. I wonder what is different between satguys and other sites that the icon shows up. I get icons for sites like Weather.com, Yahoo Mail, Gmail, craigslist, etc...

Maybe when Scott comes back we can take a look at the HTML where the mini-icon is referred to, and see if there is something screwy with it. Its weird though, that it shows up in the URL address bar, but nowhere else.

FYI in IE7 it shows up in favorites.

I knew that too. Something about Firefox that does not make sense.

Although Firefox also has a tendency to steal mini-icons from other pages, and put them with a graphic. For example, my SatGuys bookmark has some silly red icon next to it (I don't even know what site it comes from).

FYI in IE7 it shows up in favorites.
Yeah I saw that too at work, but at home I am Windows-free (and proud to be) and so IE X.x is not in my future. Also like Rky Mtn said, it works everywhere else ;)

Now that I sound like a nag, the PDA access rocks Soctt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts