Boomerang on Comcast

jimg1960

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 12, 2004
I was wondering "Do any of you get Boomerang in your area"?

It is the only channel that I had on Directv that my family misses.

each area is different, even if it is the same company. In some places Boomerang is on analog and others in a digital package. If it's not on either, then talk with your local provider about making it available.

jimg1960 said:
I was wondering "Do any of you get Boomerang in your area"?

It is the only channel that I had on Directv that my family misses.

I don't have it with Comcast in NJ. I believe that the only Comcast area that has it is Atlanta, GA. Supposedly it's one of the more requested channels to Comcast, so you might see it eventually.

cablewithaview said:
each area is different, even if it is the same company. In some places Boomerang is on analog and others in a digital package. If it's not on either, then talk with your local provider about making it available.
That's what I like about Dish or DirecTv it's consistent over the entire country. No analog channels and loosing the ability of getting certain channels do to your franschise being different. Plus no taxes or franchisng fees. Plus no channels held aside for the local municipipality. the list goes on and on. :)

Ron

I don't know of any cable company "loosing the ability of getting certain channels do to your franschise being different", which franchise really doesn't have an input however they may ask for public access channels. some people can get great info on deals, help w/ senior citizens, etc. about no franchise fees, they both use "right of way" and should pay franchise for that use. these fees alone helps communities with parks, streets, police, fire among other things.

cablewithaview said:
I don't know of any cable company "loosing the ability of getting certain channels do to your franschise being different", which franchise really doesn't have an input however they may ask for public access channels. some people can get great info on deals, help w/ senior citizens, etc. about no franchise fees, they both use "right of way" and should pay franchise for that use. these fees alone helps communities with parks, streets, police, fire among other things.

Each franchie area gets different programming. Soemtimes different receviers too. Plus sat doesn't use anyones right of way and they don't pay franchise fees or taxes. Only time there are taxes is if you live in a state that has some offieces of the sat. company.

ronfelder said:
Each franchie area gets different programming. Soemtimes different receviers too. Plus sat doesn't use anyones right of way and they don't pay franchise fees or taxes. Only time there are taxes is if you live in a state that has some offieces of the sat. company.

can you explian then why DirecTV lost $78.9 million in a lawsuit for using a fiber network? link:http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=69670
it would take up way to much satellite compacity to uplink a channel and then send it back with in the same transponder, especially locals. I asked a couple of television engineers about that a few years back and confirm both uses fiber to the uplink for local channels as well. how do you think they get that "digital" channel look from an analog satellite feed even before digital roll outs with some of those channels? Charter here in the state fiber directly into the studio's in Birmingham and Huntsville for there locals. fiber is a big part of delivery for programming. Voom channels are not broadcasted in true HD because of a fiber issue as well.

What Comcast ought to do, given that they're in more than 40 states and are the number-one U.S. cable-service provider, is take a different approach. Comcast oughta negotiate for cable-related programming on a national basis.

This franchisee thing is antiquated for a monster like Comcast. So the cable-related channels should be made available on digital on a national basis: same exact channel lineup (digital level), while letting local franchisees control analog slate (which will go away in a few years).

Hey, Comcast did finally eliminate in most areas still carrying analog those premium channels. So this should be Comcast's next move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)