boomerang removed from welcome pack? looks like it

Well I just looked and it will still remain cartoons but more modern cartoons such as Powerpuff Girls... they just relaunched it yesterday in Argentina. http://www.rapidtvnews.com/20150620...rang-relaunch-in-argentina.html#axzz3e5w7ykpU

http://www.timewarner.com/blog/posts/20141014-boomerang-rolls-out-global-re-launch

If that's true, then I no longer care about Boomerang. Old-school cartoons for me. I'm not crazy about most of the "new" ones. Except for that mid-90's Batman animated series, that's fantastic!

Oh, and the original Pokemon cartoon was good also!

Reactions: pattykay

Attachments

• Boom.jpg
    Boom.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 164
Reactions: fhsucade07
So, the disruption to Welcome Pack subscribers was apparently caused by a package-flag change. I had already guessed that, since I actually started getting Boomerang on one of my deactivated receivers that still gets free preview channels, before I checked my activated receiver and found out that Boomerang was missing. (Short free previews are usually package-flag changes.) While Boomerang was missing, I called Dish to complain and I got a credit that wiped out my entire balance this month. (My balance was already down to $9.04 due to other credits from other disputes.) So, my timing really threaded the needle on this one. If I had checked the guide any sooner, or waited any later, I might not have found out about this disruption or gotten any credit because of it.

Is CNN back in the Welcome Pack? I called to complain that it was gone, and the rep said that CNN was never in the Welcome Pack, even though I had been watching it daily for months. So I switched to a more expensive package with Fox News. Did CNN ever come back? I prefer Fox News to CNN, but not for $15 more per month. Listening to any news these days is enough to make me sick.

Is CNN back in the Welcome Pack? I called to complain that it was gone, and the rep said that CNN was never in the Welcome Pack, even though I had been watching it daily for months. So I switched to a more expensive package with Fox News. Did CNN ever come back? I prefer Fox News to CNN, but not for $15 more per month. Listening to any news these days is enough to make me sick.

To my knowledge, CNN was never supposed to be included in the American Welcome Pack. I think it was a technical glitch. I never mentioned it on here, but I suppose that I can mention now that we were getting CNN, too. We barely watched it. We would watch Forensic Files on it, but they played too late anyway. Someone (not that I am trying to call someone out or condone anyone) on here had mentioned that he or she was getting channels he or she was not supposed to get (although questioned if they were in the pack) since he or she had multiple accounts with Welcome Pack. Some of the accounts had HLN I believe. In my opinion, although I dislike saying it, it is best not to post something like that public if one wishes not to lose it. I know that we are no longer getting CNN; I am not sure if he or she is still getting HLN, though. My guess would be not if Dish caught the CNN glitch. MSNBC is included in the Welcome Pack. NewsMax TV, CCTV News, and RT are also included.

I am not sure if it is still available, but I believe that CNN was (and may still be) in the Latino Welcome Pack which had some different channels than that of the American Welcome Pack.

I find it interesting that at the end of June is when Boomerang gets moved to Top 200. Looking back on press releases, after the blackout last fall (which included Boomerang), Dish came to a long term agreement with Turner on April 1, and there was no mention of Boomerang being moved to a different package. I know for some of the other changes, such as Cooking Channel and Fox Business, those press releases specifically said that channels were being moved to different packages. Does it happen rather frequently that channels change packages out of the blue like this?

I have the original email from DISH dated 2/23/08 and the essentials pack that became the Welcome pack only had Msnbc in it ,no CNN. The 20 channel list in alphabetical order :

AMC
Bloomberg
Boomerang
CMT
Comedy Central
Discovery kids
Food network
Hallmark
HGTV
The History Channel
HSN
MSNBC
MTV
Oxygen
Qvc
ShopNBC
TBS
TLC
We
The Weather Channel

I don't believe CNN was ever in the Welcome package. If someone was receiving it probably was by mistake or freeview.

To my knowledge, CNN was never supposed to be included in the American Welcome Pack. I think it was a technical glitch. I never mentioned it on here, but I suppose that I can mention now that we were getting CNN, too. We barely watched it. We would watch Forensic Files on it, but they played too late anyway. Someone (not that I am trying to call someone out or condone anyone) on here had mentioned that he or she was getting channels he or she was not supposed to get (although questioned if they were in the pack) since he or she had multiple accounts with Welcome Pack. Some of the accounts had HLN I believe. In my opinion, although I dislike saying it, it is best not to post something like that public if one wishes not to lose it. I know that we are no longer getting CNN; I am not sure if he or she is still getting HLN, though. My guess would be not if Dish caught the CNN glitch. MSNBC is included in the Welcome Pack. NewsMax TV, CCTV News, and RT are also included.

I am not sure if it is still available, but I believe that CNN was (and may still be) in the Latino Welcome Pack which had some different channels than that of the American Welcome Pack.
If I recall correctly, CNN was included in the Welcome Pack when it first launched in 2008, but that might have been a free preview for political coverage. Another possibility is that someone at Dish got confused since CNN en Espanol is included in the Latino Welcome Pack, so the regular CNN got added to the English-language Welcome Pack by mistake, and Dish later corrected that glitch.

During the Turner dispute last fall, we did get the replacement channel for CNN on channel 200 with Welcome Pack. However, that might be because Dish replaced CNN with MSNBC, which was already in Welcome Pack before the dispute. At least we temporarily got the HD feed of MSNBC on both channels 200 and 209 before the Turner dispute ended.

Regarding HLN, I am the one to whom Mojo Jojo was referring above. I only had (and still have) HLN on one of my accounts, and I have since closed the other account, which had somehow gotten TNT added to it. For more details on what I posted about HLN, see the thread called "HLN (ch. 202), part of the Welcome Pack now?" I am not the one who started that thread, so other Welcome Pack subscribers are also getting HLN, but not everyone. My sister also has Welcome Pack, but she does not get HLN. I would also note that HLN shows a lot of Forensic Files, so perhaps Mojo Jojo was actually getting HLN, even though he claims to not have gotten it.

Reactions: Tampa8
I do not get HLN. I was getting Channel 200, CNN, which also shows Forensic Files. I am very aware of what channels Dish offers and try to help others with the programming offers of Dish.

I do not get HLN. I was getting Channel 200, CNN, which also shows Forensic Files. I am very aware of what channels Dish offers and try to help others with the programming offers of Dish.
I apologize. Since I no longer get CNN, I did not realize that they also show Forensic Files.

During the Boomerang disruption (which was originally the topic of this thread) I had Dish send an authorization hit to my account, and I continue to receive HLN. So, HLN is obviously authorized on my account, for whatever reason. The question then becomes: why aren't some other Welcome Pack subscribers authorized for HLN?

I hate to resurrect an old thread, but does anyone know what the solution was to this issue? I contacted Dish via chat, DIRT on here, and CEO e-mail. My grandmother's account has Welcome Pack, but Boomerang is the only channel as not authorized. I know it worked before the tier change; so, I was thinking it may be due to this although the CSRs probably think otherwise.

I hate to resurrect an old thread, but does anyone know what the solution was to this issue? I contacted Dish via chat, DIRT on here, and CEO e-mail. My grandmother's account has Welcome Pack, but Boomerang is the only channel as not authorized. I know it worked before the tier change; so, I was thinking it may be due to this although the CSRs probably think otherwise.
Post number 32 and post number 23. Your grandmother's account needs an authorization hit, and she should get a credit of almost $10 per month for every month she did not have Boomerang. (I doubt Dish will actually give her that much, but it doesn't hurt to ask.)

Post number 32 and post number 23. Your grandmother's account needs an authorization hit, and she should get a credit of almost $10 per month for every month she did not have Boomerang. (I doubt Dish will actually give her that much, but it doesn't hurt to ask.)

Tried that...didnt work...gave $5/mo for 3/mo but still upset that it is not on...

It sounds like there is some kind of problem with her account. The other thing I can suggest, if you have any spare purchased receivers laying around, would be to open a second account with Welcome Pack. If that account gets Boomerang, you could keep that account open and close the old account. It shouldn't be necessary to go through that much effort, but if an authorization hit didn't work, I don't know what else could be done to that account to make it work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)