Boost partners with Apple, Amazon in new wireless service - September 22, 2023

Almighty1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 29, 2009
San Francisco, California USA

I guess Boost (DISH) teaming up with both Amazon and Apple in a partnership is something special. Not sure how many people would be willing to pay $60 per month though.

For one or two lines, it’s a good price. I’d like them to offer multi-line discounts or a Dish/Boost bundle. I’m on AT&T with 5 lines and I’m paying $175 for service and ~$240 total with phone cost and taxes. I’d switch if they would make it a better deal.

Reactions: charlesrshell
For one or two lines, it’s a good price. I’d like them to offer multi-line discounts or a Dish/Boost bundle. I’m on AT&T with 5 lines and I’m paying $175 for service and ~$240 total with phone cost and taxes. I’d switch if they would make it a better deal.
Not when their competitors including Comcast (XFinity Mobile) is $30 per line at $60 for both or if you use something like Visible which is owned by Verizon for $25 per month or even US Mobile also at $25/month which can either be Verizon or T-Mobile, the Warp network is Verizon. USMobile even has a 50 day free trial with a free $100 prepaid card so you pay nothing if you don't continue. With the exception of Comcast, all taxes and fees are included.

Basically for a new carrier that does not exactly have quality coverage, you can't charge premium prices as AT&T is considered the System A - Wireless carrier while Verizon is considered System B Wireline carrier and the only real cellular networks, everything else are considered PCS carriers and don't really have the same coverage because they did not exist until 1996 and NIMBYs won't allow them to build the towers for the coverage.

Besides, Boost Unlimited also is $25/month forever with the 1st month at $12.50 as seen here:

So why would anyone pay $60 for unlimited when they can get it for $25 from the same company which would be a valid comparison or other companies also at $25? Also, when it comes to mobile phones, voice and text are worth $0 as some of the providers even include unlimited voice minutes for international calls and even free unlimited international text now such as US Mobile at the $25.

Boost is also the same company in the above link that is trying to promote free wireless service:
1695588640781.png

Last edited:
Not when their competitors including Comcast (XFinity Mobile) is $30 per line at $60 for both or if you use something like Visible which is owned by Verizon for $25 per month or even US Mobile also at $25/month which can either be Verizon or T-Mobile, the Warp network is Verizon. USMobile even has a 50 day free trial with a free $100 prepaid card so you pay nothing if you don't continue. With the exception of Comcast, all taxes and fees are included.

Basically for a new carrier that does not exactly have quality coverage, you can't charge premium prices as AT&T is considered the System A - Wireless carrier while Verizon is considered System B Wireline carrier and the only real cellular networks, everything else are considered PCS carriers and don't really have the same coverage because they did not exist until 1996 and NIMBYs won't allow them to build the towers for the coverage.

Besides, Boost Unlimited also is $25/month forever with the 1st month at $12.50 as seen here:

So why would anyone pay $60 for unlimited when they can get it for $25 from the same company which would be a valid comparison or other companies also at $25? Also, when it comes to mobile phones, voice and text are worth $0 as some of the providers even include unlimited voice minutes for international calls and even free unlimited international text now such as US Mobile at the $25.

Boost is also the same company in the above link that is trying to promote free wireless service:
View attachment 165375

The $60/month plan includes an iPhone and an upgraded iPhone every year. If you're an Apple fan this is not a bad deal.

The $60/month plan includes an iPhone and an upgraded iPhone every year. If you're an Apple fan this is not a bad deal.

Yeah, didn't read in the full details on what that extra $35/month brings as I usually buy my phones outright paid in full. While it might be a good deal, but ofcourse similar to the older days, you can have the best phone in the world as in phones that were GSM with a sim card but the other issue was the service as most of the time, you had no reception or had to stand at a certain place to get a signal and then a network busy most of the time even if you did get a signal so hopefully the service actually works reliably or else you will just have a expensive brick.

Even being so cheap, that seems like a great deal. Been really happy with Boost Infinite. I don't need a new phone every year. I typically go through cell phones like studios go through James Bond actors.

... okay, that might be an exaggeration. While I'm of the mindset that the iPhone is a better product overall, I prefer the Google ecosystem.

Even being so cheap, that seems like a great deal. Been really happy with Boost Infinite. I don't need a new phone every year. I typically go through cell phones like studios go through James Bond actors.

... okay, that might be an exaggeration. While I'm of the mindset that the iPhone is a better product overall, I prefer the Google ecosystem.
iPhone is a better OS as it is FreeBSD based but Android which is Linux based has some apps for me atleast like Cantonese input that is unavailable on Apple. The other thing is unless the Android phone can be rooted, you can only backup the apps and not the data of the apps while on the iPhone, when you upgrade phones, you can backup and restore the apps with the data. WhatsApp on Android and iPhone are two different animals. On Android, because of some agreement between Meta and Google, all the chats are backed up in Google Drive but does not use any of your actual Google Drive space as Meta is paying for it so it would be easy to restore from Google Drive with the Android version of WhatsApp which is not possible on the iPhone version. The other thing is iPhone has the most complete band support so you will know you can get data at the fastest speeds everywhere in the world except for Japan because those bands appear to only be on the Japan version of the iPhone and not the unlocked version. The other thing to mention is app support on Android will not last as long as they require I think 8.0 as a minimum while on the iPhone side, apps still support a phone from 2016 because those phones might not run iOS 17 but it is still iOS 15.7.x I believe so assuming the phone still works, atleast you won't be forced to upgrade sooner due to the apps requiring a newer OS version than what your phone has available.

How do you guarantee an AT&T network sim and not TMobile? Seems like a crapshoot from what I’ve read? There is no TMo around here but I have perfect AT&T coverage at my house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess Boost (DISH) teaming up with both Amazon and Apple in a partnership is something special. Not sure how many people would be willing to pay $60 per month though.
And hooo boy, by the Flying Spaghetti Monster are we being asked to force this option on EVERY customer with a 'tag' on it.

And by ask, I mean that if you don't get enough people to agree to at least be transfered to that department... you can get written up.

How do you guarantee an AT&T network sim and not TMobile? Seems like a crapshoot from what I’ve read? There is no TMo around here but I have perfect AT&T coverage at my house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They still use SIMS? I thought these were all eSIM phones. Does anyone know exactly what networks it actually uses like how big is Boost's own network and what other networks will it use?

And hooo boy, by the Flying Spaghetti Monster are we being asked to force this option on EVERY customer with a 'tag' on it.

And by ask, I mean that if you don't get enough people to agree to at least be transfered to that department... you can get written up.
Wow, this sounds exactly like how banks have quota's where tellers have to have enough new accounts opened or DISH making techs sell subwoofers during visits....

They use TMobile and AT&T.

Thanks, in your previous message, are you saying some people are put on AT&T and others are on TMobile but not both?

This is what I found:

"Boost Infinite is powered by AT&T, T-Mobile, Dish Network, or a combination of the three. At launch, Boost Infinite provided either an AT&T or T-Mobile SIM card, however, some users now get Rainbow SIM cards which offer dynamic network switching between Big Blue, the Un-Carrier, and Dish Wireless's towers. It works similar to how Google Fi operated initially, which hopped between T-Mobile, UScellular, and Sprint (Goodnight, sweet Sprint) based on which network was strongest. Some cell phones like the iPhone 15 series support Boost Infinite network switching, but other smartphones don't.
With the second-best 5G and 4G LTE networks in the U.S., one of Boost's host carriers, AT&T, balances mobile data speeds with reliability for strong signal strength from the cities to rural areas. Boost Infinite also runs on T-Mobile towers, either in conjunction with or instead of AT&T cellular signals. With T-Mobile, you'll enjoy the best nationwide 5G network, far outstripping Big Blue and Verizon. But The Un-Carrier's 4G LTE footprint falls short to Big Red and AT&T.

Unlike major carriers, Boost Infinite doesn't operate its own towers. Rather, the wireless company piggybacks off T-Mobile's and AT&T's towers.

At launch, Boost Infinite exclusively used AT&T towers. However, Boost Infinite now uses the Dish, AT&T, and T-Mobile networks depending on your plan and phone. Notably, some smartphones and plans are still limited to either AT&T or T-Mobile, with Boost Infinite's so-called smart network which dynamically switches between networks reserved for compatible phones, like the iPhone 15 series on select plans.

Some carriers like Red Pocket Mobile and US Mobile let you choose your network, but you still have to pick only one. Boost Infinite intends to offer dynamic switching between Boost Infinite's Dish Network, AT&T, and T-Mobile towers based on which network delivers the best experience in the moment. The future network switching feature would operate similarly to Google Fi's original implementation, which seamlessly hopped between Sprint, T-Mobile, and US Cellular. However, you need a phone with Band 70, like the Apple iPhone 14, to access Dish's network on Boost Infinite."