Wireless Joey problem

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
Had a wireless joey installed a couple of weeks ago.
It was linked to a 2nd hws. The problem is that it will not play any recorded program from the hopper. It will not play a recording from the other has either. My other wireless joey will play a recording from either.
It looks like this joey was not new either. It is all scratched up.

Had a wireless joey installed a couple of weeks ago.
It was linked to a 2nd hws. The problem is that it will not play any recorded program from the hopper. It will not play a recording from the other has either. My other wireless joey will play a recording from either.
It looks like this joey was not new either. It is all scratched up.
All receivers at this point are remanufactured. So scratches isn't anything out of the ordinary. As far as not accessing recordings, I've never seen that before. But you can watch regular live TV just fine? I'm sure you've tried but have you reset everything? The hoppers, the access points and the wifi Joey?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yes, I have reset both HWS & the problem Joey
Regular tv watching is fine, just a problem with recorded items.
Everything goes fine, selecting the hws, the program & watch.
Then all I receive is this event has expired....like it was a rented movie or on demand.
If it keeps up, I will try once again to get the wireless joey 4, which is what I originally wanted

Then all I receive is this event has expired....like it was a rented movie or on demand.
I have made the following mistake repeatedly. I finish watching a recorded program and delete it. I am then presented with a list of both recorded and On Demand programs in series order. If don't watch out, I select the next program in the series and download it by mistake. Perhaps this happened to you?

I played around with this issue again last night....
the newly installed joey will play from the hws that it is linked too, but not the other hws.
i tried to link it to the other joey, but no luck.
the original joey is linked to the main hws, but will play recordings from either hws & I can link it to either hws
any ideas?

So you only have two wifi Joeys, correct? And are they connected to the same access point or is there a second access point? Also on any access points on the back there's a switch make sure it's set to access point and not client. Generally if it's set to client it won't link at all though.