Dish home interactive ch. 100 on vip receivers

I heard a lot of people don’t like the 211z receivers. They may be faster than previous 211s. The reason why a lot of people don’t like 211z receivers is because it doesn’t have the built-in OTA.

Also, I saw the last time 211z received a software update was August 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's more of a convenience factor and cost I think assuming you can buy an OTA for the 211z. But think of it like this as well, it's almost like integrated versus a modular design so if the OTA failed on the previous 211s, you have to replace the entire receiver but with the 211Z, you just change the OTA part of it and still use the same existing 211Z. Similar to a Receiver which is the Tuner, Preamp and Amp but the later is usually better and you can change that individual portion instead of the everything.

I don’t think dish interactive ch. 100 is no longer available on vip receivers. What do you think?

Also, the last time 211z received a software update is August 2019.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I don’t think dish interactive ch. 100 is no longer available on vip receivers. What do you think?

Also, the last time 211z received a software update is August 2019.

If I remember right Ch.100 disappeared from my 722k WA a little before the satellite 129 channel shuffle in preparing for shut down.