Bose 321 II Dish DVR Setup

Its pretty simple really, hook the S-Video out from the 510 into the S-Video in on the Bose 3-2-1 system and the optical out on the 510 into the optical in on the Bose 3-2-1 system. Then hook the component video out from the Bose 3-2-1 to the Westinghouse TV. Couple things to be aware of:

1) You're going to be sending a SD source to an HDTV so be prepared for quite possibly a lower picture quality than you may be used to. How it looks depends on how good the video processing is on the TV.

2) If you have not already bought the Bose system then please DO NOT. For what Bose charges for their systems you can get a FAR more capable receiver & speaker system.

I kinda agree with the above comments. While they are impressive in the stores, the Bose systems are truly lacking. To me, the most glaring problem is the lack of connections.

I went with a simpler soundbar + subwoofer system, the Sony HT-CT100. CNet and AVS forum gave it good reviews and it is technically a 3.1 system. Now it doesn't have a built in media player like the 3-2-1, but with the money you saved by avoiding the Bose, get yourself a blu-ray player. As for connections, the thing has 3 HDMI's in and one out. Then you would hook up your receiver to the SAT HDMI in and run another HDMI to your TV and you would be set!

I kinda agree with the above comments. While they are impressive in the stores, the Bose systems are truly lacking. To me, the most glaring problem is the lack of connections.

I went with a simpler soundbar + subwoofer system, the Sony HT-CT100. CNet and AVS forum gave it good reviews and it is technically a 3.1 system. Now it doesn't have a built in media player like the 3-2-1, but with the money you saved by avoiding the Bose, get yourself a blu-ray player. As for connections, the thing has 3 HDMI's in and one out. Then you would hook up your receiver to the SAT HDMI in and run another HDMI to your TV and you would be set!
That is a nice system. I have heard it in best buy and it sounds really good, especially for the price. Good choice.

Cannot order products like Showtime, HBO on the web

New guy with cable question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)