Bose?

directvfreak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Is there any other person in this world that likes Bose. Every one on Every forum bashes Bose. I feel if set up properly they sound good. I also feel they are reasonably priced for what you get. Let me know if you like Bose and what Item you own and like.
I have and Acoustimass 16, Lifestyle 48, Acoustimass 5, 161 speakers, VCS-10 Center speaker (2 of them), 901s, 201s, Freespace 51 outdoor speakers. I love all of them. The VCS-10, Acoustimass 5, and 161s are in a 5.1 set up and so are the 901s, 201s and the other VCS-10 center.

NO BOSE BASHING!!!

Last edited:
Ive never understood how someone could be duped so badly that they would spend the bucks to buy this overpriced marketing, smoke and mirror stuff. But my father and sister did. Always thought they were smarter than that. It has a nice little sound, but you can get 3 times the sound (and the missing frequency ranges) for 1/2 of the money.

Any speaker that requires an equalizer and enough energy to power a space heater has serious problems.

Bose is not overpriced, there just at the right price. The frequency response on Bose speakers are far better than any other speaker on the market! Bose speakers use an equalizer to make them sound good. That's why all other speakers sound horrid is because they don't have an equalizer. The website is a load of Bull sh*t. Yes Bose uses paper, but paper is just as good as any other material. It is also treated paper so it won't rot. And the Lifestyle 48 system sounds better than an other system on the market no matter the price.

Any other problems with Bose?
Anybody have a good Bose experience?

directvfreak said:
Bose is not overpriced, there just at the right price. The frequency response on Bose speakers are far better than any other speaker on the market! Bose speakers use an equalizer to make them sound good. That's why all other speakers sound horrid is because they don't have an equalizer. The website is a load of Bull sh*t. Yes Bose uses paper, but paper is just as good as any other material. It is also treated paper so it won't rot. And the Lifestyle 48 system sounds better than an other system on the market no matter the price.

am15freqa.jpg

Is it April 1st? There is an entire midrange bass frequency that Bose cannot reproduce. :rolleyes:

I guess all of the AVS threads are crap too ? :rolleyes:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=657464&highlight=bose

Tell me. What do you think of D* HD PQ?

Last edited:
DirecTV hd picture is not so good. when blown up on a big screen. I wish it was full res. The SD is the worst though.

I can't use the link to AVS BTW. My IP has been banned.

directvfreak said:

You are totally out there and making coments that make you look silly!!!!

If the bose are better than any other system at any price why are they not used in actual movie theaters? Why are they not in any of the theaters in the home theater mags? Are they THX certified?

The Bose in-store demo is pretty impressive, but no doubt the source material is highly tweaked to sound best on their equipment.

I think my cheapo Kenwood system sounds just as good to my ears.

directvfreak said:

You should take some time and listen to any Klipsch speaker with any quality amp and see why you do not need the power or smoke and magic that Bose uses.

This response to him is just too funny:

slammediam30 said:
i do not like them directtvfreak,
i do not like this Bose,
of which you speak.

i have heard them in a store
even in a house before,
and every time, i always think
boy these speakers, really stink.

i have heard the acoustimass,
man they really sound like ass,
and I have even heard the wave,
enough to make john bowers,
spin in his grave.

i have heard them in a car,
worst sounding system,
ive heard by far.
even one time, in a tank
still theses speakers,
really do stank.

i have heard the lack of highs,
and i have heard the lack of lows,
its the lack of both,
that makes bose blows.

i do not like that bose sound
nor does anyone else ive found
so the next time, you get banned,
find yourself another brand.
:D
yes, i have too much time on my hands.

he is really pushing the bose in the avs forum. maybe he is a salesman, but i kind of like jbcheshire's theory better.

anyway, let's not let this turn into a bashing thread.

directvfreak said:
THX is no test. Companies pay THX to give them there "approval". Bose is smart and doesn't waste there money. If it was a test, Bose would pass it.

You have no clue. BOSE can not possible pass it with their equipment. They can not come CLOSE to reproducing the entire spectrm audible to the human ear. Sorry but my system covers everything between 20 hz to 20k. Can BOSE do that?

I bought into the BOSE marketting hype untill I listened to real equipment. Get a Onkyo reciever with Klipch speakers and it will make your BOSE soundlike a getto blaster from the 80's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)