Boston HD Locals Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Janney66

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 13, 2004
Merrimack, NH
Anyone else having problems with their MPEG4 HD locals in Boston? It started Friday for me. Right now the basketball games on channels 4 and 5 look pretty bad (I guess you could call it macro-blocking) especially on the "far" camera. OTA the channels look fine.

Since they fixed the 8mm affect a couple months ago I have not had one problem. As of now I'm very pleased with Directv. I can't wait for moe Hd.:hungry:

Problem with local channel

I am also having the same problem, looks like it started at the same time, only seems to affect my local channels

Yeah 4 looks pretty bad still. I even noticed NESN HD has weird red "specks" in the picture. Frustrating...things were looking pretty good there for awhile.

I actually lost the local Boston hi def channels including NESN Hi Def (Message 771) a couple of times last night. But this morning, they were back. Every time I lose the hi def Boston channels, my other channels (72-79) and OTA Hi Def are fine....

I actually lost the local Boston hi def channels including NESN Hi Def (Message 771) a couple of times last night. But this morning, they were back. Every time I lose the hi def Boston channels, my other channels (72-79) and OTA Hi Def are fine....

Have you noticed the poor quality lately?

Have you noticed the poor quality lately?

During Sunday's Buick Invitiational on ch4/CBS, the hi def feed contained some graininess, especially when the camera panned over grass scenes. Also during the basketball game on ch5/abc, there was graininess whenever there was a running play. As the graininess got worse on either ch, then I would lose the hi def signal totally and get the Message 771.

Channels 4 and 5 are indeed horrible still. Just a few days time until it ruins my superbowl gathering.

Maybe directv should get the kinks worked out in mpeg 4 markets that have been around for over a year before launching dozens more hd channels in this format.

Plenty of bars to go to, just sucks cos my 51inch beast looks better then most tvs in the boston area.

One more day until kickoff and channel 4 is still horrible, it's not going to be fixed in time. Plan B, going to relative's house who is lucky enough to have comcast.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)