Both Dish and Direct

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shodobe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NorCal
It seems I will have to have Direct to get the MLB package this year because it doesn't seem Dish will get it. I don't want to give up Dish because I haven't ever had problem with it in the 6 years I have had it. My question is, I know that there are several of you that have dual systems and I wanted to know how you set-up your systems to work. I am just going to get the very basic Direct system but want to be able to switch back and forth easily. My wife is the one who is a fanatic when it comes to baseball and I do want to make it easy for her to operate. Any help or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks, Mike

shodobe said:
It seems I will have to have Direct to get the MLB package this year because it doesn't seem Dish will get it. I don't want to give up Dish because I haven't ever had problem with it in the 6 years I have had it. My question is, I know that there are several of you that have dual systems and I wanted to know how you set-up your systems to work. I am just going to get the very basic Direct system but want to be able to switch back and forth easily. My wife is the one who is a fanatic when it comes to baseball and I do want to make it easy for her to operate. Any help or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks, Mike

Do you have more than one input on your TV? If so, just bring the Dish signal to one of them and the Direct signal to the other. Then just change the inputs on your TV with your remote to switch back and forth. Otherwise, you can get a switch at Radio Shack that will do the same thing.

shodobe said:

Where did you hear that Direct will have the MLB package?

I have both DirecTV & DISH. I have them going into seaprate inputs on my TV.

EI has been renewed for D*. I got my notice in my last bill.

I have it & Sunday Ticket without any other subscriptions (I am grandfathered). You won't be able to order it alone. And the cheapest package is at least $27.

shodobe said:

I have been a long-time E* customer, and I also have D*, which I got a year ago to pick up a deal on the triple lnb dish and Hughes receiver. I was waiting to see who would have the best deal on HDTV receivers. E* was the first with their unbeatable $149.00 811 receiver, so I got it.

To watch D*, I simply go to channel 1 (back panel inputs) and turn on the D* receiver.

Dave

Thanks for all the replies. I am lead to believe that Direct has EI again this season, so I will have to get Direct on the side just for the baseball. I will have to check the back of my TV but i think it has only one input. It is to bad that Direct doesn't have programing that will allow you just to have baseball only. I will wait till after the season to see if one or the other will get EI for the next season. What is envolved with Direct to cancell at the end of the season and then re-up again the next year? Mike

Just one other question, Can you use the same dish to pick up both Direct or Dish? I really should know this but can't remember it. Thanks, Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)