Bought a new home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecristman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
I bought a new home this weekend. The down market made it a great deal for me. The builder had built the house in '06 and has sit empty since then because of a downturn in the housing market. The builder was running into money problems and his bank was on him to unload it, so I was able to buy it for way under market value and also for less than his actual building costs.
To top it off, the bank was so anxious to help him sell it that they gave me a great rate on the financing.
This was great timing because I had a friend who has been bugging me to sell him my old house for months.

Looking forward to moving the end of the month but not looking forward to deciding what to put in it for televsion and satellite. Now I have to make the decision of D or E. Also a little disaapointed that the builder didn't have much in the way of any wiring set up so I will have to fish some walls I guess. Funny how even in these modern times of internet and satellite that the builder would not have done a better job of pre-wiring the house while building it.

Congrats!!

My wife and I are closing on our refi this afternoon. We are refinancing an ARM into a 30-yr fixed with an escrow. We feel so much better now that we are refinancing. :)

Congrats!!

My wife and I are closing on our refi this afternoon. We are refinancing an ARM into a 30-yr fixed with an escrow. We feel so much better now that we are refinancing. :)

Bet your glad to get rid of that ARM. Congrats.

Congrats on the whole deal.

And you get it because others, unwilling to put in a little work, passed on it. The good part about doing your own work is not only do you know it's done right- you get to spot outlets exactly where you want them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)