Bought my TV.... now what do I need?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

wahhutch9

Original poster
Jun 17, 2005
I just bought the Hitachi 57S715. I want to thank everyone for their help on my previous topic I posted. Now what else do I need to go along with it?!?!?!

I am looking to possibly purchase a Universal Remote. I was looking at the Sony RMAV3100... does anyone have any experience with this remote? It looks cool... but I just wasn't sure if it would be compatible with the equipment that I have. I believe the surround sound and dvd player I received for Christmas was by Sanyo. Are these compatible with the Sony remote?

Does anyone have any recommendations on cables for the Hitachi TV? I know Monster cables are supposed to be really good... but which ones will I need? Do I need audio cables, etc? Anything else you all can think of?!?!

Everyone was so helpful on my last topic... I am hoping to get some good suggestions on this one also!!! Thanks again!

Take a look at the Logitech Harmony Remotes, they will save you all kinds of time and aggrivation and you will love their ease of use. :)

If you want a solid, versatile and well built remote do yourself a favor and look at the Home Theater Master line.

NightRyder

I am totally new to this and don't know too much about TV's and electronics in general... what exactly would you suggest I purchase off of the website you listed above?

IMHO, spending a bunch of money on upscale cables such as Monster is just a waste of money.

Thanks for the clarification. I appreciate it. Should I purchase all 3 of the Home Theater Calibration DVD's? Or only one (which is the best?)

wahhutch9 said:
Thanks for the clarification. I appreciate it. Should I purchase all 3 of the Home Theater Calibration DVD's? Or only one (which is the best?)

One will be plenty. Avia is considered by most to be the "top dog".

NightRyder

Which remote is most recommended... Home Theater Master or Logitech Harmony? Are there any others that are also good? The max I would spend would be $150ish. Thanks again for all of your help.

wahhutch9 said:
I own all 3. If you are only concerned with doing things that do not require Service mode adjustments then I suggest Sound&Vision.. If you ae going inside the service modes Then AVIA is the MacDaddy followed very close by Digital Video Essentials.. The bonus for DVE is that all 3 color filters are in one card vs being loose.

wahhutch9 said:
Which remote is most recommended... Home Theater Master or Logitech Harmony? Are there any others that are also good? The max I would spend would be $150ish. Thanks again for all of your help.

I own both a HTM MX-500 and a Harmony 659 (wifes). If you want or need lots of hand holding the Harmony is an OK remote. To me the negatives of the Harmony are, build quality, battery life, having to have the remote connected to the computer and be on-line to perform even the most minor programming task and it occasionally gets confused (forgets the state of the components it's controlling). Positives for the Harmony are relative ease of programming, activity based (if you like that sort of thing) and very good customer support.

The HTM remotes are solid, you can feel the build quality, they have nice, big, well spaced buttons, full learning capability - no computer needed, advanced macro capability - you can even program it to mimic the Harmony's activity based scheme. Downsides - It requires more time and thought to setup, some may find it too large or heavy, only the more expensive models include computer based programming.

If you want further info the following is a great site. Make sure to checkout the review section.

www.remotecentral.com

Here is where I purchased both my remotes.

www.bluedo.com

Good luck

NightRyder

I've bought and used every home theater setup disc on the market and the easiest and cheapest is the one by Sound & Vision, you can get it at Fry's for $12 and it is written by the same guy who did Avia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)