Boxing: Trinidad vs Jones / Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands / HD: 9467 blocked

SoftwrDude

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 13, 2004
As you may know by now, Dish is transmitting the PPV Boxing: Trinidad vs. Jones on channels SD: 455/472 and HD: 9467 tonight January 19.

The interesting part is that Dish is blocking those channels in Puerto Rico (PR) and the US Virgin Islands (VI), during the Boxing PPV event. If you live in PR or the VI, you have to watch the Boxing event on channel SD: 454 only. There will be no HD transmission available for PR or the VI.

I called customer service and they only told me that they were sorry. They couldn’t give me any more information, as to why these channels were going to be blocked. If someone has information about the reasons why, Dish is not going to broadcast this PPV event in HD to PR and USVI, please let us all know by posting more information here.

Thanks!

As you may know by now, Dish is transmitting the PPV Boxing: Trinidad vs. Jones on channels SD: 455/472 and HD: 9467 tonight January 19.

The interesting part is that Dish is blocking those channels in Puerto Rico (PR) and the US Virgin Islands (VI), during the Boxing PPV event. If you live in PR or the VI, you have to watch the Boxing event on channel SD: 454 only. There will be no HD transmission available for PR or the VI.

I called customer service and they only told me that they were sorry. They couldn’t give me any more information, as to why these channels were going to be blocked. If someone has information about the reasons why, Dish is not going to broadcast this PPV event in HD to PR and USVI, please let us all know by posting more information here.

Thanks!
Because Ch 9467 is on Sat 61.5 and the Genius Techs from Dishnetwork had been blocked all HD feeds from this Sat to this Area for quite some time.:mad:

9467 Is Located At 110

9467 is located at 110 Tp#13:

9467 Shares Space with 9463, 9465 & 9466
Only 1 active at a time

This is RIDICULUOS AND SAD

Thanks jossy122, you are correct, channel 9467 is on satellite 110 tp# 13.

This is the first time I've seen a block on this channel for this type of event.

There is no technical problem with the channel. They did it as a business decision. Maybe they couldn’t reach an agreement with the broadcasters, I don’t know. I just want to know, why did they put a block on the channel? I just thought this was the best place to ask, because Dish CSRs didn't gave an explanation.

I don’t want the same problem to happen again in the future.

Thanks for reading this post and have a nice day!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts