Unashamed Bengal Fan
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Boyhood

Tagline: 12 years in the making.

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Richard Linklater[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Ellar Coltrane[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Patricia Arquette[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ethan Hawke[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lorelei Linklater[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tamara Jolaine[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Zoe Graham[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sam Dillon[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Nick Krause[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Shane Graham[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2014-07-11[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]164[/RUNTIME]

Plot: [PLOT]The film tells a story of a divorced couple trying to raise their young son. The story follows the boy for twelve years, from first grade at age 6 through 12th grade at age 17-18, and examines his relationship with his parents as he grows.[/PLOT][/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
eKi4e5zXhQKs0De4xu5AAMvu376.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Just finished watching "Boyhood". This movie is amazing! Given the fact that "nothing" happens the entire movie. It follows a boy from age 6 to 18. Nothing remarkable happens to him through his life except life. I knew this going into the movie, but wow! It was engrossing. It felt real. The delivery was unique in the fact that the same actors were used for the entire movie. This means that this movie was filmed over the course of 12 years. As the movie cut to black at the end I wanted more!
Patricia Arquette (most would recognize her from the TV show "Medium") played the boy's mother. Though she didn't carry the movie, she was instrumental in creating a believable character and conditions that affect the focus of the movie.
I was left with questions at the end about some of the characters that came in and out of the boy's life as he grew up, but like in reality, sometimes we really don't get to know. People just drift out of our every day lives and one day we realize we haven't seen these people in years.
One change I would have made to the end of the movie would have been completely stylistic and ended it with the man laying back in the desert looking up at the sky. It would have put a nice little bow on the movie for me. But as it is, this movie is close to perfection. I never thought I would get so excited about a movie where nothing really happens.