BPL - Broadband via powerline arrives!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Testing Going on this month I think

In Rochester MN, they are going to be testing this system with Rochester Public Utilities. I believe it is starting this month. Going to be watching this closely.

Hope they spread this into western WV, and not just select regions of the US with the highest populations like DSL does. Would this require less hardware for more of an area than what DSL does? I was told by Verizon (phone company) that they would have to put a box at the power pole that had a card in it at certain locations to get it to people, as if they would had to every so many miles and if there were not many people in that area it would be too costly for them.

Would it be the same way with Broadband over power lines or could they just have one setup for a large region served by that power company instead of having a setup for several areas of that region with some getting left out because the setup would not cover enough people?

I saw a report about Cinergy getting BPL going. They are starting it in Cincinatti and bringing it to the rest of Ohio, Indiana (can't wait for my area in Southern Indiana to get it), and Illinois. They say that BPL modems will be inexpensive (around $30)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)