Brand new Dish Network customer with a couple of questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

carlsaganfan

Original poster
Jul 29, 2009
Bristol, Tennessee
Hi guys, new to Dish (as of 11:00 AM today) and to the forum, and I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

1. Can someone tell me how to find out where the amount of space left on the DVR hard drive is located? I can't seem to find that in the menus and it isn't explained in the manual.

2. Does Dish offer either HBO On-Demand or Showtime On-Demand, like many cable providers do.

I might have a few more as the day progresses, so I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!

to check time on the dvr press the dvr button and then 1. You'll see it listed above the list of recordings.

As for on demand I've never looked for it but if you have your box connected to the internet you can search around for it by pressing the dish button on your remote.

Hi guys, new to Dish (as of 11:00 AM today) and to the forum, and I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

1. Can someone tell me how to find out where the amount of space left on the DVR hard drive is located? I can't seem to find that in the menus and it isn't explained in the manual.

2. Does Dish offer either HBO On-Demand or Showtime On-Demand, like many cable providers do.

I might have a few more as the day progresses, so I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!
Hit your remote DVR button, then My Recording...at the top of the list it will show amount of Hrs available.

To answer ur 1st question, u can press the DVR button twice to get to the listing of all shows that u recorded. There...on the top of the list...it shows how much time of recording is left.

Dish dont show anywhere the amount of hard disk space left. Just the amount of time.

eg....when I got my 625.....the list was obviously empty...& it showed...150 Hrs of recording time left. Now abt 80 hrs of recording time left.

Also when u record shows...1 hr of recording will not necessary deduct 1 hr from recording time left. It all depends on the shows/program.

Bless you guys, thanks for the help. I'm really excited to be a Dish customer and so far I'm very happy with the service. I was skittish about how the HD would look since I was coming from a provider that did Fiber to the home, but the HD quality seems directly on par with it.

By the way, is there a site, or any tutorial here that really shows you the guts of what the 722VIP HD DVR can do? It seems to be a bit more complex than the Scientific Atlanta 8300 HDC my wife and I were used to.

Bless you guys, thanks for the help. I'm really excited to be a Dish customer and so far I'm very happy with the service. I was skittish about how the HD would look since I was coming from a provider that did Fiber to the home, but the HD quality seems directly on par with it.

By the way, is there a site, or any tutorial here that really shows you the guts of what the 722VIP HD DVR can do? It seems to be a bit more complex than the Scientific Atlanta 8300 HDC my wife and I were used to.

I myself & my wife were SA8300 user...& find initially 625 a little difficult. But within a week..u will be good

I myself & my wife were SA8300 user...& find initially 625 a little difficult. But within a week..u will be good

Thanks! I appreciate the vote of confidence. Tonight will be spent learning the ins and outs the best we can and trying to get the Parental Controls on our 9 year olds tv set so that he doesn't see or hear something he shouldn't. I assume the Parental Controls work well. :)

I remember another question I had. DirecTV says in their commercials you can program your DVR through the Internet. Do you guys think Dish will ever add this service?

Already available...Dish Remote Access.

Yes there is. I PM'd you the Unofficial 722 User Guide. To retrieve it, click "Private messages" just below the Log In screen. Or User CP at the top of this page.

Also when u record shows...1 hr of recording will not necessary deduct 1 hr from recording time left. It all depends on the shows/program.

Specifically, unless they've changed it on the post-622 receivers, all HD will consume less space than indicated, because the recording screen shows estimated time for MPEG2 and all HD is now MPEG4. Whether your SD is in MPEG4 depends on where you live.

Ok guys, 2 more questions.

1. When I set the HD DVR to record something, it shows a blue up arrow and a 2 next to the program.....what does that signify?

2. On the program guide, is there an alternate way (besides holding the right arrow down) to change days? It gets old and is very slow when browsing for show.

THANKS!!!!!!

The blue icon indicates the recording will take place on tuner # 2.

To skip back and forth in the guide in 1 day increments, press the Skip Forward and Skip Backward buttons on the remote while in the guide.

Tuner #2? Is that the primary number of my HD DVR (722VIP), because it's TV 1? We're sharing it so my son has access to programming as well, but this TV is the primary one in the house. Should that be recording on tuner 1? If so, how do I direct it to that?

Ok guys, 2 more questions.

1. When I set the HD DVR to record something, it shows a blue up arrow and a 2 next to the program.....what does that signify?

2. On the program guide, is there an alternate way (besides holding the right arrow down) to change days? It gets old and is very slow when browsing for show.

THANKS!!!!!!

1. Your recording is set to record on Tuner 2
2. When you are in the guide, press Skip Forward and it the guide will go to the next day. Press it again and it moves anther day forward. If you are in the guide and have moved days forward you can go back by pressing Skip Back.

Tuner #2? Is that the primary number of my HD DVR (722VIP), because it's TV 1? We're sharing it so my son has access to programming as well, but this TV is the primary one in the house. Should that be recording on tuner 1? If so, how do I direct it to that?

On your remote, press Menu, 8, 5 and change your Record Preference to TV1...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)