Bravo HD gone?

30rock

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 10, 2009
louisiana
What happened to Bravo HD on channel 129? It was on Dish on 12/9/09 but when I went on my guide on 12/10/09 it completely disappeared. Has it been discontinued or is it just me?

I'm not really worried because I'm not subscribed for HD but I get my local and movie channels in HD. Bravo was the only HD channel I got that was a regular cable channel.

to Rob321 and 30rock, the reason why you lost Bravo HD (and SD too for that matter) is because you're on the Classic Bronze/Bronze HD package, which meant that this channel was free preview for Bronze users. this channel is normally in the Classic Sliver/Sliver HD package. so sorry, the free ride's over for now, upgrade to sliver if you want this channel so badly.

We had been getting Bravo on our TurboHD Bronze since August or so. It was only a month free preview. It just went away this week for me.

to Rob321 and 30rock, the reason why you lost Bravo HD (and SD too for that matter) is because you're on the Classic Bronze/Bronze HD package, which meant that this channel was free preview for Bronze users. this channel is normally in the Classic Sliver/Sliver HD package. so sorry, the free ride's over for now, upgrade to sliver if you want this channel so badly.

I have the Gold SD package it was just weird that I was watching Bravo in HD on Wednesday and it was gone on Thursday. But I have the SD feed because I don't subscribe to HD programming, because my HDTV blew out back when I had DirecTV.

I have the Gold SD package it was just weird that I was watching Bravo in HD on Wednesday and it was gone on Thursday. But I have the SD feed because I don't subscribe to HD programming, because my HDTV blew out back when I had DirecTV.

Am I missing something here? If you don't have an HDTV, why do you even care if you get an HD channel or not? And if you don't have an HDTV, you weren't watching Bravo in HD on Wednesday either. You were watching Bravo HD in SD. :confused:

Am I missing something here? If you don't have an HDTV, why do you even care if you get an HD channel or not? And if you don't have an HDTV, you weren't watching Bravo in HD on Wednesday either. You were watching Bravo HD in SD. :confused:

I was watching Bravo on HD. HD shows look better than SD shows do on my TV. And no I'm not confused, I know the difference between HD and SD. If HD programming is shown on a regular TV while connected via coaxial cable it will be shown in widescreen mode, but if shown on an HDTV via component or HDMI cables it will be shown in fullscreen mode.:rant:

Yup....nothing like good old' Southern Texas hospitality FTW:up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)