breaking dawn part 2

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK

A decent end to the saga. I never read the books, but have seen all the movies.

That being said it seemed a bit long and dragged out in spots, like they were trying to stretch to 2 movies for one book. Now fans I was with did not mind, or seem to think it took too long. It had a lot of good scenes and was well worth seeing even if you are not a huge fan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reviews I read said that it's the best of the series, but if you're not a fan of the series by now this isn't going to change your mind. I don't plan on seeing it because I didn't even like the first one, but to each their own.

Twilight holds the world record for the most simultaneous sighs by men around the world. This, True Blood and Vampire Diaries... I can't wait for this vampire craze to end.

Cheers, K

I don't know.. after watching this review of the movie, I think I want to see it.. His take on it is that the movie seems to be a parody in and of itself (meaning it's one of those so bad it's good things) and that the last 20 minutes of the movie rivals the action of the 3rd act of "The Avengers." Spoilers abound in it, as he basically gives away the end of the movie.

I like Vampire movies, but haven't gotten into the Twilight series ...
I don't think we can really classify Twilight as a "Vampire Movie." I think of it more as a horrible love story that just happens to have vampires and wolves in it. It's similar to calling "Titanic" a disaster movie as opposed to a love story. Yes it takes place on a ship that crashes and lots of people die, but the real "disaster" stuff is truly overshadowed by the story of Jack and Rose (ewww I swear on the life of my children that when I remembered that that was their names I gave myself d*uche chills)

I saw the first one in theater after it was out about a month. The only reason I saw it was because it set the record for a vampire movie so I had to see it to see what all the hype was about. The story line is more romance novel than vampire, but to me it was not a bad story. I have gone to the premiere of the rest of them with a group of friends (yes mostly love struck women in the group dragging the guys along). The audience last night was probably 75% female, and there were a lot of oohs and aahs when Tyler took off his shirt and pants. There is definitely a target audience for the movie. But, there was a good action sequence. It was kind of funny when the action sequence started one of the gals I came with said she had no idea what is happening this was not in the books! They were all confused for a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)