Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
As some of the pub members have known I have been looking into the question of "Where's Michael Schwimmer" who has been MIA from Dish Network the past few months.

Michael Schwimmer was the Executive Vice President of Programming and Marketing for Echostar / Dish Network.

The last time we saw Michael Schwimmer was shortly before it was leaked that the Security Exchange Commission was investigating Dish Network. From my contacts I was told that Schwimmer was a focus of one of the investigations of the SEC (I have no proof of this, it is just what I have been told, but it did seem strange to me that he dropped off the face of the earth after this all broke out)

Today I am getting word from my contacts that Michael Schwimmer has LEFT Echostar and is going to be named the new CEO of SiTV.

Mr. Schwimmer's bio is still listed on the Echostar website, and is not mentioned anywhere on the SiTV Website.

I have written Echostar for the status of Mr Schwimmer, but I believe that he is no longer with the company. When I get a reply from Echostar I will post it here.

I believe that this will be a breaking news story, you can bet we will be keeping an eye on things and keeping you informed.

This information was just confirmed by Broadcasting and Cable
http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6250194.html?display=Breaking+News

Si TV named former Dish Network Executive VP of Programming and Marketing Michael Schwimmer as its CEO, a newly created position.

Schwimmer will take over his new role at the English-language Latino network, which is in 10 million homes, on Sept. 6.

At Echostar, he oversaw marketing, acquisition and packaging of pay-per-view programming, as well as VOD, advanced interactive TV services, television advertising sales and international programming.

Just got this from Echostar Spokesman Steve Caulk.

This is true. I believe SiTV is putting out a press release today, if they haven't already.

No specific person has been assigned as his replacement.

Our friends from Multichannel News have now checked in. :)

English-language Latino network Sí TV has named Michael Schwimmer, former top programming executive at EchoStar Communications Corp., as its CEO, officials said Monday.

Schwimmer, who most recently served as executive vice president of programming and marketing for EchoStar’s Dish Network, will take his new post Sept. 6.

EchoStar and Time Warner Inc. are investors in Sí TV.

“Michael is one of the most respected executives in the industry, with a unique understanding and successful track record regarding the large and rapidly growing Latino marketplace that we address,” Sí TV cofounder and chairman Jeff Valdez said in a prepared statement. “Michael has been a member of the board of directors since our inception and knows the company well.”

Schwimmer joined EchoStar in 1997.

hah...

Well the good news, is when it comes up for siTV's to "duke it out" they will already have a heads up with Charlie and be able to come to fair agreement for carrage on Dish Network :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)