Brewers in HD on Fox Sports Alternate?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rg567

Original poster
Mar 24, 2008
For some reason in southern WI, Dish customers recieve the Minnesota version of Fox Sports North. Most of the programming is MN related and (I believe) the Twins games are broadcast on this network. The solution to this problem for WI viewers is to run Brewer games on the Fox Sports Alt channels. Sometimes the games are on one channel, sometimes another, you never really know for sure which channel they will be on but they are never on the original FSN North.

My question is: If I subscribe to HD channels, will I be able to view the Brewers games in HD?

Dish's customer service tells me I will until I explain to them that the games are not FSN North HD but are on the alternate versions of the channel, then they draw a blank...

Surely someone here actually watches the games in (or not) HD and can clear this up for me.

Thanks in advance...

Brewers HD

Yes you will see Brewer games in HD. You will need to get the sports pack add on. I believe its around $6.00. The past couple of seasons they were showing like 85 games in HD, maybe this year they will have more. It would be nice to get all the games in HD. You will have to wait until the 2010 schedule comes out for broadcast. I also do think we need an FSN wisconsin only channel 24 hours a day, who really care about the Twins. GO BREWERS

You wont need the sports pack...its his given RSN so no sports pack needed

FSN Wisconsin is not 24/7 on Dish so you get FSN North
Pro sports sans Wild are blacked out and you can see the Brewers/Bucks on the alternate channels

Yes the games in HD that Dish can put up there you will see. DIsh has limited bandwidth for HD so you may not see all the games in HD

You wont need the sports pack...its his given RSN so no sports pack needed

FSN Wisconsin is not 24/7 on Dish so you get FSN North
Pro sports sans Wild are blacked out and you can see the Brewers/Bucks on the alternate channels

Yes the games in HD that Dish can put up there you will see. DIsh has limited bandwidth for HD so you may not see all the games in HD

I have had dish here in SE WI 2-3yrs now and they definitely do not show all the games in HD that FSNWI puts out there. I never know much in advance which ones will or wont be in glorious high definition. Really frustrating. My extended contract is up in a couple of months and for other reasons like some weather unreliability I will be looking to possibly move on. ATT U-Verse is already in the next city east of us and will probly take a test drive with them when it makes it here. One thing that DISH is best at is their DVR. We have the HD DVR and it would be hard to give it up but you get used to whatever you get next. I love the fact you can plug your roof antenna into the receiver/DVR and those channels show on your list and gives you another group to record from giving you the possibility of recording three things at one time. Also, they service two rooms without set top devices like some other services require.

I have had dish here in SE WI 2-3yrs now and they definitely do not show all the games in HD that FSNWI puts out there. I never know much in advance which ones will or wont be in glorious high definition. Really frustrating. My extended contract is up in a couple of months and for other reasons like some weather unreliability I will be looking to possibly move on. ATT U-Verse is already in the next city east of us and will probly take a test drive with them when it makes it here. One thing that DISH is best at is their DVR. We have the HD DVR and it would be hard to give it up but you get used to whatever you get next. I love the fact you can plug your roof antenna into the receiver/DVR and those channels show on your list and gives you another group to record from giving you the possibility of recording three things at one time. Also, they service two rooms without set top devices like some other services require.

So how many games would you guess that you actually got in HD?

If I remember correctly it was atleast a couple a week. If you live south of Kenosha you get the added benefit of the Cubs and Sox. This helps up the number of Brewers HD games with CSN Chicago and WGN.

Also South of Kenosha you will receive both Wild and Blackhawks games which was a bit of a surprise to me.

So how many games would you guess that you actually got in HD?
I cannot recall the numbers now but I was asked by some woman at FSNN, when I complained the first season, to email her each time it happened just so she could keep tabs so to use for the next season's negotiation with DISH. I t was still the same old same old the next season as I started emailing her again when it happened that I just gave up in frustration. Yes, I understand it is a bandwith thing with DISH but they have put up a bird since that time with no new results thus far.

To answer your question with SOME kind of number, I guess about 15-20 of all the games scheduled to be broadcast in HD did not show on DISH.
'
Hope this helps in whatever you are working towards.

Thanks for all the responses. I just wanted to make sure I'd get some HD even though I'm seeing games on the alternate version of FSN. I've upgraded and am looking forward to clear games this season.

Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts