Bridging Question

WheelieMan711

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
My family has a 2H/4J system where we have one Hopper connected to the Internet by ethernet. That is the only thing we currently have connected to our network and since I know the latest update has bridging disabled by default, several of our boxes are now without Internet. My question is, is there any harm to re-enabling it manually? Or is there too much of a risk of other problems occurring?

I don't think there's any risk, based on posts by others that have done so.

My system has been disconnected since S216 messed it up. I contacted Zach about connecting it back and he had me connect 1 hopper to the internet and turn bridging on at both hoppers. I did this yesterday and so far everything has been fine.

I have 2 H 0J system with wired ethernet.
If I connect the ethernet to one Hopper, I can not see recorded content on the other hopper. If I disconnect ethernet I can see recorded content on either Hopper from the other one.
Is there a way to connect ehternet AND see recorded content from one Hopper the the other (both directions)

That may be a software bug. What happens if you plug in Ethernet and perform a red button reboot?

I have 2 H 0J system with wired ethernet.
If I connect the ethernet to one Hopper, I can not see recorded content on the other hopper. If I disconnect ethernet I can see recorded content on either Hopper from the other one.
Is there a way to connect ehternet AND see recorded content from one Hopper the the other (both directions)

Can you please send me a PM with your account information so I can get this issue reported? Thank you!

If I plug 1 hopper to network and enable bridging, my sling adapter stops working.. Still Need DIRT to send me a HIC for Free. I refuse to pay for something that used to work on my 722.. :)

If I plug 1 hopper to network and enable bridging, my sling adapter stops working.. Still Need DIRT to send me a HIC for Free. I refuse to pay for something that used to work on my 722.. :)

Mine works fine. Must be on your end.. You upgraded you system.. Dish did not make you do it. Why should they have to give it to you free. That is the way I look at it.

Buy a HIC off of ebay and be done with it.

To be honest, by utilizing a dedicated bridge (HIC) you will have improved the reliability of the entire system. Also this action allows you to hook a joey up via ethernet only should you have the desire to have tv in a location that does not have coax.

I want to get in line for the free HIC from DIRT.

Bob Wexler
XXX-XXX-XXXX

We need 2 Hopper systems to work with internet and bridging.

I suggest you edit out your phone number, for your own protection. You can PM a DIRT team member and include the phone number in that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts