Brief audio dropouts on WCBS-HD (NY, NY)?

brettb

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
We've been noticing brief, occasional audio dropouts - I think exclusively on WCBS (HD) on our recordings on our 722k. I assume they occur while watching live but that's something we almost never do.

The 722k is connected via HDMI to an Onkyo TX-SR805 which is connected via HDMI to a Samsung LNT4661F.

Does anybody else experience this? I think it's been going on for weeks.

Brett

Last edited:
We had a dropout in this week's CSI:LV, Big Bang Theory, Two Broke Girls. It's hard to isolate. I'm pretty sure it affected other CBS primetime shows as well, this week and probably the last couple of weeks, too. There's no clicking or any indication of audio signal problems on the AV receiver like I see with sat signal problems (which also affect the picture). It's maybe once or twice per show and lasts only a couple of seconds. If you back up, the drop is completely repeatable. Sometimes we will turn on the closed captioning to read what we missed. (Other shows we watch that I can't specifically recall having dropouts are How I Met Your Mother, The Mentalist, Person of Interest, NCIS, Amazing Race, and Unforgettable.)

I just watched this week's episode of big bang theory that i dvr'ed on wcbs ny. The only tiny instance of an audio dropout occured when Bernadette said the word dad. It was so brief that i could still make out that she said dad. If you saw the same this week then its a problem with the channel or dish, if not its something wrong on your end.

Amazing Race tonight just had a dropout while Phil was describing the Sushi Bingo detour - just as the clue was being handed over.

I don't have a second receiver. I don't think it's a coax issue - the picture is not affected at all. Can't be HDMI because it's completely repeatable on skipping back. So I would think it's got to be a problem somewhere from when it's written to my hard drive back to the source all the way back at CBS. I think it's unlikely to be my hardware because the problem is exlusive to WCBS.

I think we're on Eastern Arc if that's the 61.5/72.7/77 sats if that makes a difference.

Darn, we already watched and deleted Big Bang Theory. We remember a dropout but we can't remember when it happened. Most drops take out a whole word or phrase.

This has still been happening on wcbs. I dont watch it often but over the past few months ive seen it happen during letterman and ferguson, the tony awards and right now this week big brother. It is worse than originally posted here because now it drops out for a second every few seconds lasting for a few minutes. Im assuming it happens often for everything else on the network. Shocked this is still an issue over a year later. Has everyone in this dma dropped dish since we get no rsns anymore? Maybe i should too if dish doesnt care about nyc. Hope this is fixed asap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)