Bright House vs Dish

intel

Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
I live in Brevard County and subscribe to Bright House Cable and would like to know if Dish might be a better choice.

I subscribed to Voom and loved all the HD.

I currently pay around $210/month for cable, phone and RR.

Is the HD picture quality better on Bright House?

Any suggestions?

I may be biased, but I think most will agree the HD picture on brighthouse is perfect. They dont use HD-Lite or anything of the sorts. Not to mention the fact BHN has HD-Ondemand, a service dish cant offer you. If you are paying over 200$ id assume you have all the premiums including the premium ondemands and a couple boxes. If you were to split up your services for the same amount of service youd be paying alot more per month for what you are getting.

I may be biased, but I think most will agree the HD picture on brighthouse is perfect. .

when i had dish and then switched to brighthouse, i agree with brighthouse having the better hd picture. however, it is not perfect. lots of macro blocking when i had it three months ago.

i have not had dish in a while so can't comment on their quality.

when did you folks start hd on demand? when i left in february, there was a select few hd ppv movies. but those were slim pickins.

intel, it also depends on whether or not you're a sports buff. dish network has just starting light up a few of the regional sports networks (sun and fsn florida are two) in hd. if you're a baseball fan. that means the marlins and drays in hd.

as for picture quality, i'll still say bhn is a tad better.

They offer HD-Movies on-Demand which usally always has at least the big releases availible in HD, and it seems to be growing radpidly with content. Its a PPV style service just like regular PPV-Ondemand cept its in HD

As far as sports goes BHN has a large collection of sports programing including the return of MLB extra innings (as the bird predicted) and epsn1/2HD ESPN U, NBA and NHL playoff games in HD and more. Soccer, whatever your fantasy they offer it.

and shhh allegdly NFL Network and FSN coming soon (FSN is coming soonerest then the other) is soonerest a word? :)

Yes, I have all the premiums, nationwide calling and 10mbps up and 1mbps down rr, 1 dvr and 1 cable card.

I would also like to say that BrightHouse (North Brevard County) tech's and customer service have done an outstanding job for me for the last 3yrs.

I Need more HDTV!!!

My wife and I love High Definition and need more HD channels. Movie, Sports, Ect..

It's just hard to understand why BrightHouse does not offer as many HD channels as Dish or Verizon Fios.

steve, we know you're biased but right now bhn sports can't hold a candle to dish.....except for mlb. btw, how many hd games are you folks getting? and intel, with dish, you can subscribe to all of the regional sports nets for a few extra dollars (with dish network, i think its less than 10).

ICeturke I didnt say they were the best with sports, I said they had a large collection to satisify you. ALot of customer I know how both BHN And Dish. Dish for sports and BHN for everything else. IF your a die hard sports fan from outta state, a national TV serivce like Dish is best for you. But if quality in TV and features is better for you then BHN is your service. Specially in florida, Now the DBS service has gotten better over the years but in florida during our afternoon "sprinkles" While your looking at a screen saying "Searching for signal" Im still watching the ball game.. Thats why customers alot of times have both service. BHN Is working on adding additional BW to add more channels however they seem to be doing it on the cheap, bye trying to go past their equipments ranges, which is disapointing, hopefully they will just upgrade the system. All new plant has 1ghz equipment but were talking a few hundred million dallors to upgrade the entire orlando area... As AT&T builds steam here in orlando expect that to be happening soon. Which will make intel happy as they add more HD programming. And FSN Is coming I hear from the puppy that it will be once they get this new Range of BW working, cause from a technical standpoint BHN is basicly "Full"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts