Bringing in the OTA local broadcasts

kcburk

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 7, 2010
Mississippi
I have dish 222k HD Duo receiver with AT120 w/ HD for life. I do not have the local broadcast channels coming in any longer since the installation. I would still like the option of tuning in the local channels because some of the local digital channels are not available on my list of dish locals.

Because of the way my house is wired I am unable to run a separate cable to my antenna. Is there anyway to combine the signal from my antenna with the downlead from my dish onto one cable?

I'll be happy to provide any additional information needed. Let me know what you need to know in order to make this happen if possible.

Thanks much.

Buy a set of diplexors. This will allow you to combine both signals into one lead. You can get diplexors from Radio Shack or your local Dish installer.

I have dish 222k HD Duo receiver with AT120 w/ HD for life. I do not have the local broadcast channels coming in any longer since the installation. I would still like the option of tuning in the local channels because some of the local digital channels are not available on my list of dish locals.

Because of the way my house is wired I am unable to run a separate cable to my antenna. Is there anyway to combine the signal from my antenna with the downlead from my dish onto one cable?

I'll be happy to provide any additional information needed. Let me know what you need to know in order to make this happen if possible.

Thanks much.

satellite dish triplexer - Google Search ;)

that would work as long as the installer did not diplexor your tv 2 line. I would go buy a cheap antenna and hook it straigt to your tv. The other problem would be if you have a 222k you need to buy a OTA module to have the ota signal brought in thru your dish

The TV2 feed is run through a diplexor back thru the downlead. How would I do what I want then? Is it possible?

that would work as long as the installer did not diplexor your tv 2 line. I would go buy a cheap antenna and hook it straigt to your tv. The other problem would be if you have a 222k you need to buy a OTA module to have the ota signal brought in thru your dish

The 222k has the OTA built in. Only the 722k & 922 need the OTA module added.

222>>>> 41-bRWlh0UL.jpg

33c351c88da0bb9761f43210.L.jpg<<<< 222k.

KEWL as I said I knew there were 2 diff units. So the K is the newer version like the 722k that needs the OTA module. Maybe 1 day there will be the ability to add an ext HDD.

From what I can tell I have two LNBs coming from the dish. Those signals are combined to the lead to my receiver. Then the downlead uses a triplexer to split the signals and then sends the TV2 signal back up the downlead to TV2. Is there any way to combine my outside antenna to the downlead to my receiver? Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)