Broadband Connection on 622 now what???

I would not be surprised to see very little movement on this IPTV front for quite a while. The possibilities are pretty cool though.

Right now, my possible expectations are:

1. IPTV VOD movies
2. Remote DVR scheduling
3. IP call back (phone line replacement)

But think of all the things that are possible with Internet connectivity and a HD stb.

- Web browsing
- Email
- You Tube streaming video
- Use a USB camera and have video email or Skype communications
- Online games
- Much better iTV programs

Lord Help me if they put a "Texas Hold Em" internet app on that box. I'd be glued to it all night. I curse my Blackberry now that I have it on there. Can't take a dump without playing for 30 minutes. ;D

All the stuff in Dish Home that currently uses the phoneline would be the next logical step but who knows.

Has anyone tried connecting to the 622 from their PC after plugging in the ethernet cable? There might be functions that can be remotely managed.

:eureka

Chris

I've been watching ITVN, aka internet television black box. Its over 150 adult channels. Not that hard for dish to do something like them via the internet.

So what kind of broadband speed would you need to do a reasonable job with IPTV? I doubt my current 768k connection would do it justice. How fast is fast enough?

If they do intend to let us use our 622s with Dish Online, would it most likely be an arrangement like with the Xbox - store on a PC then file share over home LAN with the 622?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)