Broadband "Phone Home" - Dish says no problems (???)

tjwgrr

Route of the Northliners
Original poster
Dec 21, 2005
Western Michigan
I'm still being charged an access fee for both my 622's since I have no land line phone, hence a call to Dish.

Had a Dish tech repeatedly tell me that the broadband dial-up "phone home" is working fine- no issues. I told him the diagnostic tests show good broadband connection on both my 622's, but then both receivers show connection failure when trying to order PPV.

He said the problem must be with my broadband provider since he said there are absolutely no issues with Dish's broadband dial-up "phone home." My broadband connection with my PC's works fine- no issues.

Scott Greczkowski has said in this forum the servers at Dish aren't setup for broadband "phone home" yet.... So what is the story??? Another clueless tech, or is there a problem on my end.

Wanted to charge me a $49.00 service call to have a service tech come out and look at my set-up. I said forget it.

I called and told them I now had my 622 hooked up via broadband. They removed the access fee, it was not on my next bill.

I am still unable to "phone home" through the diagnostic menus.

I guess they just took my word for it.

I called and complained the day after my install and they took off 1 of the 2 fees (I had 2 because of paying for 2 months on the first bill)... Then when I looked at my account yesterday, I had another credit for $5 and some change(taxes), so it looks like the broadband is removing the fee... I have the 722

I went through three tiers of technical support over the course of an hour or so, and no one knew anything about the broadband connection, why I couldn't order PPV, or whether I would get my $5 credit. They suggested it is a problem with my internet provider, which I know is not the case.

My sister and aunt have dish, they both have vonage and I never set the *99, I know dish tells you to do that, but I can say those two don't get charged anything.

As far as the actual broadband connection goes, I know when I unplugged my ethernet connection through my rigged setup I turn on the 622 in the morning and I get the message in order to eliminate the fee it need to be plugged in, so it's showing something but I have recieved a bill yet since I started plugging mine in.

your right. it depends on what modem you have from vonage. if you can dial out without the prefix, your set. no probs. but if you get the access fee with vonage, then your voip modem needs the prefix. if that doesnt work, your SOL and will be paying the fee unless u whine to the right email address.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts