Broadband width reached

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JCMax

Original poster
Aug 14, 2020
salome, az
We just got Dish Hopper 3 and wired Joey. We have 26Mb internet connection. One tv using the Hopper was watching an on demand free movie. The second tv with the Joey tried watching a different free on demand show and got an error saying the 1st tv was using all the bandwidth. I need to know how to fix this.

Thank you for the info. I wish we had been told that at the start. A bit disheartening. Is there any way to fix this?
Like the message could specifically say that. Truth in advertising?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Standalone streaming device? Firestick? Hulu?
Doesn’t matter, one stream per Hopper. Whether you are using a FireStick or just plain VOD on the Hopper or Joey you get just that one stream. So, if you are watching an on demand program on the Hopper you can’t watch another on demand program on either the Joey or FireStick. If you are watching DishAnywhere on a FireStick you are unable to watch any on demand program on either the Hopper or Joey.

Reactions: HipKat
Doesn’t matter, one stream per Hopper. Whether you are using a FireStick or just plain VOD on the Hopper or Joey you get just that one stream. So, if you are watching an on demand program on the Hopper you can’t watch another on demand program on either the Joey or FireStick. If you are watching DishAnywhere on a FireStick you are unable to watch any on demand program on either the Hopper or Joey.
True, but with the Firestick you also have thousands of non-DishAnywhere live and on-demand programs available, many of them at no cost. Those streams don't effect the Hopper stream...

Reactions: Jon J and Bobby
True, but with the Firestick you also have thousands of non-DishAnywhere live and on-demand programs available, many of them at no cost. Those streams don't effect the Hopper stream...
Very true but the OP has issues with not being able to stream more than one Hopper event at a time... That's what I was addressing.

Reactions: NYDutch
I certainly thought and believe the only streaming stuff limited to '1 per hopper'
was dvr and live channel stuff.
I thought this does not apply to on-demand
Because it does not involve the hopper directly.

So while the in home hopper network (moca) can only serve 1 on demand stream at a time,
Using a firestick logged into dishanywhere should be able to stream a separate ondemand stream.

Sent from my SM-G986U using the SatelliteGuys app!

I certainly thought and believe the only streaming stuff limited to '1 per hopper'
was dvr and live channel stuff.
I thought this does not apply to on-demand
Because it does not involve the hopper directly.

So while the in home hopper network (moca) can only serve 1 on demand stream at a time,
Using a firestick logged into dishanywhere should be able to stream a separate ondemand stream.

Sent from my SM-G986U using the SatelliteGuys app!
I just tested that and you are correct. I ran a DishAnywhere stream both from live TV and also a DVR event and I was able to watch an On demand event on my Joey 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)