Broke my 921- Dish sent a 942!

ScooterS

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 14, 2003
The video went out on my 921. I used my trusty $199/month service contract and dish sent me a new receiver.

In this case they sent me a 942. Have others received this "swap" when their 921 died??

Yes, Yes, Yes, $1.99 service contract.

That's what I get for typin' without my glasses!!!

Thats a nice upgrade Scooters. Of course the only reason they did that was they heard you provide great choufour service in Las Vegas. :D

Enjoy the 942! :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
Thats a nice upgrade Scooters. Of course the only reason they did that was they heard you provide great choufour service in Las Vegas. :D

Enjoy the 942! :D

choufour service?

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. :eek:

Hey, Hey, Hey Nuts4Scuba.... don't go there!
I was Scott's "Roadie" for part of CES in January.

Scooters said:
... and dish sent me a new receiver. In this case they sent me a 942.
You said "new" but just to clarify, it wasn't a refurbished unit, was it ?? In some cases, you'd be hard pressed to tell if it was or not but the box it came in or the case itself should have a sticker or something indicating refurb'd.

Yes, upon further review, it is a remanufactured replacement unit...

Still, a bad day with a 942 is better than a good day with a 921.

Starting to sound like Dish wants to get all the 921s out of the field. Probably cheeper then continuing to try the fix the bugs....

Still, replacing with 942's doesn't completely make sense. If in the next year (or two) they want to move all HD to mpeg4, then 942's will have to be swapped as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)