Bronze Package w/Multisport

clayface1000

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 2, 2006
Long story short, after nearly a decade with Dish, I got angry with them in April and dumped them. I was set to sign up with Directv this past weekend, but they screwed up my original appointment on Saturday morning, and didn't show up for the second (reschedule) on Sunday. I've still not gotten a phone call from them over 36 hours later. By Sunday night, I had signed up with Dish again.

Anyway, my question is, can I sign up for the Bronze package and multisport -- and receive my local RSN along with (subject to blackout) the other RSNs around the country? Dish took my order for exactly this and I spoke with several CRs (another long story) about my programming order. None blinked an eye about it. But because the Bronze is essentially AT60, NOT AT60 Plus, I question if I'll get all the other RSNs -- but not the RSN for local area? Or will Dish backtrack altogether when I try to activate and tell me I CAN'T subscribe in this configuration -- and that I'll have to upgrade to the Silver pak?

Also, is there a definitive answer re the 211 lease fee? The first CR told, "welcome back" and "no, absolutely, there's no lease fee on the first receiver." The second CR insisted there WAS a lease fee and there was no way within their internal options to waive it, even if they wanted to. The third CR insisted the first CR was right all along.

I have a headache and I haven't even actually re-upped with this company yet. That's set for Thursday, when the 211 scheduled to be delivered. Will I receive another surprise when I call in and try to activate?

Last edited:
As I understad it, with the multi-sport pack you will only get your local RSN's. Others will be blacked out during sport events. Also, you'll get NBA-TV.

Clayface: You want to do exactly what I wanted to do BUT you will find this WEIRD - as I have - They will NOT allow you to add the Sports Pack to HD Bronze to get you local RSN. I have been around and around with them trying to get my Local RSN with the HD Bronze (like At 60 to AT60+) BUT they continue to hammer home - - - you will receive your Local RSN with HD Silver.
I have finally received the "more expensive" message and decided NOT to upgrade from my 811 to the 211 and HD Bronze or Silver and will actually SAVe money by possibly going from At120 to AT60 or 60+ and still get my OTA HD Locals.

Rots a Ruck!:mad:

Thanks for the replies! As a longtime subscriber, I understand the blackout rules for the RSNs outside my region. The question was really the one cyberized answered -- which is, what happens when I activate the Bronze pack and multisport together, which every CR has said I can do. (And apparently Dish's system allows it to be input to a customer's order this way.)

What happens when I actually turn on my TV? Will I see all the RSNs EXCEPT my own? If that's the case, this might not be a bad deal. I can "move" to a place like Houston, where I don't have any great rooting interest and wouldn't mind missing FSSW. I could then get Extra Innings, and still get almost all my Red Sox games and Dodger games (except for the ones against the Astros).

Do you think this would work?

Last edited:
I guess I'm confused as to the logic. The Silver pack is $10 more, versus the sports pack $6 more. That's alot of work to save $4, not to mention if you watch any of the 60 channels in the AT120 not in the AT60.

No, I actually WANT the various RSNs, as I enjoy the extra college sports, etc. The blackouts really don't bother me at all.

It's really not a difference of $4.00, it's a difference of $10.00. I want the Red Sox and Dodger games, so under normal conditions, I would need to get the Silver Pak, plus Extra Innings. Plus to get the various RSNs for my aforementioned college sports, I also need Multisport. Indeed, this is EXACTLY the configuration I had for years with the SD AT60 Plus package.

I couldn't care less about the other AT120 channels, as watching anything in SD, except for the sports I'm so passionate about, is unwatchable to me.

Therefore, if I merely went with the Silver Pack only, of course, it would only be a difference of $4.00. But then I wouldn't get the RSNs around the country -- only my local RSN. So, I would have to add multisport anyway. Which brings me back to my original question.

clayface - - - After several questions about this very subject - which I asked of DISH; I have quit asking, because I will never get the answer that "I" think I should get: It appears that you CANNOT add the Multi-Sport pack to HD Bronze BUT you can add it to HD Silver.
That is what I have been told by them so..............

GOOD Luck!;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts