Brother: Simon Cowell to leave 'Idol' next year

Simon Cowell will continue to be the driving force behind the cameras of these types of shows and, as Piers Morgan has demonstrated, there are hundreds of Simon Cowell puppet-heads that could fill his shoes in front of the cameras.

American Idol is so BIG that even cut down to half its size, after Simon leaves, it would still be big. That's why Fox is willing to stick with the show even after Simon leaves.

My Way News - Cowell says he's leaving `Idol' for `X Factor'

It's official, Simon is leaving Idol and bringing the X-Factor to Fox.
Fox will be showing X-Factor in the Fall, and American Idol in the Winter/Spring.

Actually a good idea for the schedule, as X-Factor will lead into American Idol, the way CBS leads one Survivor into another.

What remains to be seen is how bad a ratings hit American Idol will take with no Simon.

He misses Paula, nuff said.
Between Paula and Ellen, I'd miss Paula too. :D

Looks like he'll be bringing Paula along for the ride on X-Factor
Simon Cowell leaving "American Idol" for "X factor" - NYPOST.com
And Cowell may be bringing another piece of "Idol" magic with him. He said he's eager to bring former judge -- and frequent Cowell foil -- Paula Abdul to "X Factor." Abdul left the show during an off-season salary spat with producers.
"I have gone on record with this before: I adore Paula," Cowell said. "Whatever happens, I will be working with her in some way."

I like the British x-factor, will tune into american version to see how it is. I don't watch idol, never got into it. hopefully the american version of xfactor will be similar with the full performances, not just singing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)