BSC 621-2 and 1.2M ku dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
jibaro29

jibaro29

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 13, 2007
Lake Worth FL
I have been thinking, for a while now, about getting a 1.2M dish and BSC 621-2 system. The system I have now is very rewarding and I do enjoy it very much however, I'm itching to get more channels. So, I have to move up to C band. A big dish or for that matter a small C band dish is out of the question. I have no place to put it and even if I could I don't think I can get away with it. So, before I go out and spend a lot of money getting the 1.2M dish and BSC 621-2 system I would like to hear from you guys whether or not it is worth exploring. I have heard that you can get C band channels with 1.2M dish my question is, what are you guys getting with this system?
1.0 Ku Dish
QPHO31 Invacom 0.3 Ku LNBF

Tron

Tron

SatelliteGuys Master
May 6, 2005
Metro New Orleans, LA
The 1.2 meter dishes are more of a fun experiment for C-Band than a real alternative for receiving C-Band programming. Some members here had interesting results with their "minibuds", but only on the strongest transponders. If you intend to receive a large portion of what's up there on C-Band, a 6 foot dish is really the minimum.

Status
Please reply by conversation.