bsc-621 c/ku lnbf problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

phillipa197

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2010
ohio
Hello tere I am new to fta and I posted in az box forum with problems with my hdmi cable and I did get that resolved it is my tv and not the receiver I tested it on a different tv and I put the hdmi on and it works good and the big screen I get a green pic. My other is question is the lnbf I am have trouble with ku I would say on c-band I am getting 90% percent of the channels the only channels I can't get is nasa-and the retro tv and tuff tv witch are the main channels I wanted. My problem with ku is that when I scan ku I am getting the same channels on c-band and nothing on ku? Coule my scaler ring be on or not quite lined up with ku? I would really like to have the retro and nasa and on the nasa satellite I am scanning in the horse racing feeds and all of the pay channels this no nasa. Also I am in ohio how far east can I go with the dish? So far I am down to 72 west and I got the pa cable channel and haven't been able to get any farther. If someone could please help me that would great. I also do have a chaparral c/ku feed horn with to good norsat ku and c band lnbs should I use those instead only reaon I using the lnbf is becuase I wanted to something easy to use for right now and I do have a pansat 3500 receiver that can control the polairity and a azobx hd ultra. Any help would be great thank you.

First, you need a separate Sat setup for C and Ku
Example:
AMC 9 C Band
AMC 9 Ku Band

Then in each of those, you need to enter the Proper LNB and Switch info.....
C Band - LNB L.O. 5150 (Depending on Model 22KHz Off or Diseqc Port 1)

Now with the BSC621, you need to know which model you have: Standard or Universal - the package should tell you
Standard Ku - LNB L.O. 10750, 22 HKz On
Universal Ku - LNB Low L.O. 9750, L.O. High 10600, Diseqc Port 2

I do have a quali diseq switch that I got from ricks satellite so do I need to have 22khz tone turn on of in the azbox? I am trying the ku coax cable bye itself in the azbox this to make sure ku is working. I am not sure what lnbf I have all I know it is a bsc-c 621c/ku lnbf. Also how far east should I be able to go with a 7 in a half foot dish and I have a 24 inch ball screw superjack arm. So far on c-band I got to 72 west. Also do you have any suggestions on how to get NASA and reto tv have not been able to get them yet.

You should be able to get from 43 west to 139 west, depends on the Mount - the Arm may come in contact with the Mount when traveling to the far east.

The BSC621 "usually" has the switch built in, but if you do not know what model you have, that makes things hard. I would contact the person you purchased it from, and ask which model it is.

Which Transponder have you been able to Lock on 72 West?

I do have the lnbf that has a switch build in I think it is the 621-2 the one made for fta. Do I need to make sure in the antenna setup in the azbox do I need to put the switch to 1.0 I did not do that and I am thinking it didn't know that it was on ku and was still scanning c-band I did test ku bye itself and ku is working so I think I need to make sure that the 1.0 is selected and choose either 1 or 2 for for c or ku? Also what can I do to get NASA working and the retro tv to work and I am having trouble with glorystar satellite and 103 ku as well .

C Band - LNB L.O. 5150 - Diseqc 1.0 Port 1
Universal Ku - LNB Low L.O. 9750, L.O. High 10600, Diseqc 1.0 Port 2

Also what can I do to get NASA working and the retro tv to work and I am having trouble with glorystar satellite and 103 ku as well .
Tough to say. Can you lock any Transponders on those Sats?

The switch I have is a quali 4x1 quali-tv NDS and I did discover something last night when I put c-band in port one in the switch and it work and then I put it in port 2 and c- band did not work same way with ku band port one worked and port two did not work. I am not using the build in switch on the lnbf I am runing two separate wires and ku is working but I was never on ku because I had ku on port 2 and that does not work so that I'd why c-band was scanning in on ku band. And I am having trouble with NASA I am only getting like 6 ft channels on 87 west that seems to be the one satellite not working good on c-band. Also on 72 I picked up the third transponder when looking for quality when I scanned the pa cable network I get like 48 percent and haven't got below 72 yet. Would I be better of using the build in switch on the lnbf?

You can only use 1 switch, either one does not matter.

And I am having trouble with NASA I am only getting like 6 ft channels on 87 west that seems to be the one satellite not working good on c-band.
What size Dish? Also, Ku on a BUD is not the easiest to receive, once you are confident you usderstand how the receiver and switch are working, you will probably have to tune the Dish and LNBF.

I have a 7 in a half foot solid Alunimun one piece dish. I did get ku an c- band working now with the diseq switch it was not set up right in the antenna setup. I am this still confuse why I can't get NASA someone did tell me my dish Is to small but I don't think I believe that. I am thinkin of using my norsat lnbs and not using the elbows to see if that helps I am having trouble getting some NFL feeds as well.

For NASA, what do you have entered for the Transponder Info?
Can you lock any Transponders on 87 west? If so, whish ones and what Quality reading?

I am getting a 44% reading on the first transponder 3719H 80% reading on the seconed transponder 3724V I am getting 3 transponders and I did a blindscan and it found 12 and 1 new transponders and only scan in 6 channels they are all horse racing and I did fta only hope that helps you.

I am getting a lock on the first transponder and I am getting like 44% quality and I go a lock on 2 other transponders and I am getting 80% quality on the other transponders I did a blind scan and I got 12 tps found and 1 new and it scanned in 6 channels all horse racing and I did a fta only search. So I hope this helps you out some I hope my dish is not to small? I am thinking of putting the norsat lnbs on with the elbows out would that help at all?

I don't understand, I ask "What did you enter for the NASA Transponder?" and you keep responding about Transponders you are not interested in.
It's all about the Details.

Do not rely on Blind Scanning.
If you have not done so, manually enter the TP info for NASA, and see if you can get it to lock.

As for the Dish being too small, you will have issues with DVB-S2 signals - like the RTN

Get C Band working first, then tweak for Ku, then try known DVB-S2 signals

I now have another issue with the azbox grrr. I did a factory reset because it was acting weird and now when I do blind scanning when it gets to like 40% or so it starts over and does more scanning and it keeps on repeating it self it is really weird on c-band it works find for blind scanning. I did manually enter the tp for NASA and it scanned right bye it I think the tp is 4000 something close that. Also what satellite is the history and bio on?

The AZBox IS weird, it will make you crazy. :)

I did manually enter the tp for NASA and it scanned right bye it I think the tp is 4000 something close that
It's all about the Details
Freq:4000
Polarity: Horizontal
Scan Rate: 28112
If you manually enter the NASA TP, drive the Dish a few clicks East and West, and do not get a lock, you probably need to tweak the Dish Alighment, or LNBF .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)