BSC521-2 LNBF

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hans

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2008
Hi
I could use some good advise on getting the right LNBF.The new BSC621-2 that I put on my 6 ft. Dish does not work on Ku band. I am using it with the new Sonicview 8000HD. May be it is just defective and another bsc621-2 will be o.k. I see on the internet that there is also a bsc621 lnbf. Nobody here
in Alberta Canada seems to Know which one to use.The place where I bought the unit seem to think the bsc621-2 is the only one that will work in my situation. Could someone please help me so that I might better understand which lnbf is the best to use to get free to air c and ku.

Last edited:
The 621-2 is a UNiversal LNB for KU so it needs to be set for that

C-Band 5150 diseqc 1
KU Band 9750/10600 diseqc 2

Thanks Iceberg, but I do not understand when the choices on the sonicview setup screen for the type of lnb setting is either OSC,Single or Universal. When it is set on universal the setting is automatic on the 9750/10600 and cannot be changed. The 22khz switch is set to auto. If I choose the single setting, then I can change the frequency to whatever is required, and I can turn the 22khz switch on or off and use the diseqc. So does the 10600 cover the 10750 that people say to use for KU Band. Question, the bsc621 uses a 22khz switch, and has some other spec, but very similar to the bsc621-2. So can they both be used or how does all this work?

You have 2 options then for KU

-Universal.. set to that and you're done. You need to change the Diseqc to port 2
-Single and set LNB Freq to 10600 and turn 22k on

The advantage of the 2nd one is because most of the KU sats dont have a low band here when you blind scan it skips the low band and starts at the high band :)

some people make it easy on themselves and setup two satellite settings for each one so you don't have to go back and forth into setup and change the LO for c & ku each time

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts