BSG Season 3.5 on Scifi, 1/21/07 & 3.0 on UHD 1/27/07

Tonight's episode is more soap opera nonsense... BSG is only good when the cylons or Baltar is involved. The other story lines that they have pushed through in the last three episodes are non-sensical and waste of time. Let's get back to the real story--- cylons, Baltar, Six, and Earth. Enough of the soap opera and trying to becoming another Jericho.

My problem is: ok, you're out in space, a rag-tag fleet being protected by one battlestar...and they're worried about bad working conditions when, at any moment, a fleet of Cylon ships could jump in and start blowing them away and whinning about working conditions is likely the last thing they needed to be doing. Adama and Roslin seem to be the major players who truly understand just how tenuous their situation is. They don't need to have battles every week, but they need to keep their eye on the ball (planet) a bit more.

The comments from the past few episodes do not motivate me to sit down and actually watch the episodes (yes, I fell behind with the 3.5 episodes; but the SD recordings take little space, so I put them lower on my priority list.

I agree with both Sean and Joe; stay focused and not get detracted by the pissant little issues of being a ragtag fleet on the run. Life should be ANYTHING but normal. And on that point... there may be just a wee bit too much democracy given the exigent circumstances.

Look what democracy did the last election? Put Baltar in office; abandoned the search for earth; captured by the Toasters; and dropped the overall population from what 46K to 41K? AND in order to save their asses, lost the Pegasus.

They can't afford to lose that many people given the limited gene pool....

Ok, I went off...;)

News story on BSG

Zap2it reports:

'Galactica' President Cuts Loose
McDonnell promises big things on 'Battlestar' as season winds down

By Rick Porter

February 25, 2007

Mary McDonnell of 'Battlestar Galactica'
There was a moment on "Battlestar Galactica" earlier this season where Laura Roslin, who as president of the colonies has almost unfailingly projected an air of calm, just kind of loses it.

It happens in the episode called "Taking a Break from All Your Worries," when she's confronting the traitorous Gaius Baltar (James Callis). Given all the suffering Baltar has contributed to -- including but not limited to the extermination of most of humanity -- it's maybe not a surprise that Roslin would fly off the handle.

FOR MORE READ HERE

Yep, I really enjoyed seeing her tear into Balter, chewing him a new a**hole, as-it-were...and then having him literally carried to an airlock. She was on her very last nerve with him and it was interesting to watch. Taking his book in Sunday's episode was good too, but I'd like to see just go-off on him again. :)

Dang. That encoded at single-layer DVD size.

No divx encoders?? Amazon unbox usually encodes at 1/4 that size.
Divx would put it down about 1.6,(in Home Theate mode, usually I edit commercials out and save on dvd RW) but I was just playing around... the Wmv version beats the Replay version hands down for PQ on the htpc go figure... if I don't go camping Tuesday it will be BSG night otherwise no telling when I will get to watch them...

a fleet of Cylon ships could jump in and start blowing them away and whinning about working conditions is likely the last thing they needed to be doing.

Interesting comments above and I can understand why people wouldn't like this episode, but personally I thought this was one of the better ones. Sure there wasn't any life threatening drama going on with the Cylons... but it did touch on how deep the writers are pushing the envelop and portraying things as extremely realistic. Unlike happier space dramas... Battlestar Galactica delves into the life beyond just what the main characters on the big ship are doing.

A year or so on the run, and yes we would expect exactly the sort of things happening on the show, and I think an episode or two going into this is a big plus for the series as a whole.

Zap2it reports:

'Galactica' President Cuts Loose
McDonnell promises big things on 'Battlestar' as season winds down

By Rick Porter

February 25, 2007

Mary McDonnell of 'Battlestar Galactica'
There was a moment on "Battlestar Galactica" earlier this season where Laura Roslin, who as president of the colonies has almost unfailingly projected an air of calm, just kind of loses it.

It happens in the episode called "Taking a Break from All Your Worries," when she's confronting the traitorous Gaius Baltar (James Callis). Given all the suffering Baltar has contributed to -- including but not limited to the extermination of most of humanity -- it's maybe not a surprise that Roslin would fly off the handle.

FOR MORE READ HERE

By the way... I got caught in the middle of something when I was posting this, but it is worth reading the full article. She suggests that the show is going to get more interesting with a trial coming up for Baltar.

A year or so on the run, and yes we would expect exactly the sort of things happening on the show, and I think an episode or two going into this is a big plus for the series as a whole.
Good point, sort of reflects our society. Remember how 9-11 happened, everybody was united for a little while then it's back to whining and complaining about our petty little lives.

Space Station Spacewalk - Live TV

WWE Monday Night Raw & ECW On UHD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)