Bubba Ho-Tep to premiere on Monster HD on 10/30 at 9:30pm EDT

Kuhl!

41880.jpg

Category: Comedy, Horror, Campy

Actor/Actors: Bob Ivy, Bruce Campbell, Ella Joyce, Heidi Marnhout, Ossie Davis, Reggie Bannister

Direction: Don Coscarelli

Synopsis: Mud Creek, Texas is about to get all shook up. When mysterious deaths plague the Shady Rest retirement home, it's up to its most sequined senior citizen & a curmudgeon-in-chief to defeat a 3,000-year-old Egyptian mummy with a penchant for sucking the souls from the barely living! Will this Bubba Ho-Tep make sure there's never another Elvis sighting? Or can the King show the world that he can still take care of business?

MPAA Rating: R

Rented the DVD, pretty wild, but entertaining. Bruce Campbell as Elvis and Ossie Davis as JFK - Both alive and together in a nursing home in East Texas. At least until the mummy shows up.

TechCop Disclaimer:If you make it through the crude dialogue in the first five minutes, then you will probably enjoy the film. :)

Wow, a new movie on VOOM?? One that I've actually heard of?????? OMG, I think I almost just had a heart attack. This may mark the first time I ever purposely check the guide and sit down to watch one of the VOOM exclusive channels!

Bruce Campbell is the most underrated actor of this generation. The man is pure genius :)

PS I think I am among only 10 humans in the entire world who actually enjoyed Briscoe County Jr., so perhaps YMMV.

Okay, so is this a joke? It DOES NOT show up on the schedule for MONSTER at all. I checked the schedule for today, tomorrow and day after.

If this is incorrect information (which it apprently is), I suggest this thread be deleted to avoid misleading the people who read the thread title in the listing.

count me in...

squicken said:
Bruce Campbell is the most underrated actor of this generation. The man is pure genius :)

PS I think I am among only 10 humans in the entire world who actually enjoyed Briscoe County Jr., so perhaps YMMV.

There must be 8 more of us out there somewhere. :)

TechCop said:
There must be 8 more of us out there somewhere. :)
Wow. It only took a month to find someone else who appreciates the show's greatness. It'd be cool to get all 10 of us together, but they would really have to turnover the population at the nation's mental health institutions for that to happen :)

squicken said:
Wow. It only took a month to find someone else who appreciates the show's greatness. It'd be cool to get all 10 of us together, but they would really have to turnover the population at the nation's mental health institutions for that to happen :)
And his cohort "Sho Nuff" from The Last Dragon - Legend of Bruce Leroy. What a great show that was.

Make it 11!! Legend of BC Jr. was a great show!!! And Bubba Ho-Tep is a great film! Watched with my wife and brother, all of us big Elvis fans and Ozzy and Bruce fans, and we really enjoyed this film! Looking forward to seeing in HD.

I wonder if anyone caught "The Making of Bubba Ho-Tep". It is playing on MonstersHD and I caught it by mistake in my HS2 while recording another program.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts