Buffalo HD Local news

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

therevev

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Brighton, MI
I have OTA to receive my locals in HD, but it would be nice to have the support of Dish for this area as well. With a desire to see some movement towards getting hd locals for Buffalo I saw an interesting piece of news. From tvpredictions.com I found this dates March 14, 2008

____
The new agreement with Dish Network covers the following LIN stations and markets:

KASA-TV and KRQE-TV (Albuquerque)
KXAN-TV and KNVA-TV (Austin, Texas)
WIVB-TV and WNLO-TV (Buffalo)
WWHO-TV (Columbus, Ohio)
WDTN-TV (Dayton, Ohio)
WANE-TV (Ft. Wayne, Ind.)
WOOD-TV and WOTV-TV (Grand Rapids, Mich.)
WLUK-TV (Green Bay)
WTNH-TV and WCTX-TV (Hartford-New Haven)
WISH-TV and WNDY-TV (Indianapolis)
WLFI-TV (Lafayette, La.)
WALA-TV and WBPG-TV (Mobile, Ala.)
WAVY-TV and WVBT-TV (Norfolk, Va.)
WPRI-TV and WNAC-TV (Providence,)
WWLP-TV (Springfield, Mass,)
WTHI-TV (Terre Haute, Ind.)
WUPW-TV (Toledo, Ohio)

As part of the agreement, Dish and LIN will also partner in marketing efforts to encourage people to switch to Dish if LIN decides to remove its channels from the local cable operator's lineup in a carriage dispute.

What makes this especially interesting is that currently LIN broadcasting does not have a carriage agreement with D* (as least for Buffalo). So when Buffalo locals do light up it would appear that Dish will have a heads up on D*. Currently D* has the locals in HD and Dish installers just keep saying ?sometime this year?

Buffalo locals in HD were to come live in 2006. The latest charlie chat shows a a dot for Buffalo so I assume it is in the plans. Problem is, from a technical standpoint, I don't know how they will do it. There is not a spotbeam 61.5 for Buffalo so it will mean 119 going HD or Buffalo HDs on CONUS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts