622 with L449 gets big black box

bbtkd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
The past few days our 622 has been sporadically getting a big black box covering about 80% of the picture and sticks around for a few seconds. It is placed in the upper right corner. It may happen twice in a minute then not again for a half hour. I have tried a soft reset (hold power button). It is almost as if it is trying to place a background box for captioning, though it is way too big - and we have captioning off. I tried turning captioning on - with the same result. We are using component, so not an HDMI issue. This is happening on multiple channels, so no discernible pattern to cause it. Anyone seen this and know the cause? I can call it in but I know they will put me through some obvious stuff "is it plugged in?", etc and ultimately I'll have to hassle with a replacement. Thought I would check here first. Thanks...

Are you sure the black box is coming out of the 622? Maybe try driving the TV with a DVD player or OTA antenna and confirm that the Dish box is bad. I don't think this is a common problem with the 622.

Good luck, Eric

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts