Buffalo or Cleveland- Which is the more cursed sports city?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

What is the most tortured sports city?

• Buffalo

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Cleveland

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
To me, I feel the two most tortured sports cities are Buffalo and Cleveland.

What do you consider to be the more luckless one?

Why isn't 'Both' an option??

LOL.

I had to vote Cleveland, they lost a up and coming football team to another city that eventually won the Superbowl and the team they got to replace them is just well pathetic. The Indians are bad and they WILL lose Prince James to a team that has a chance of winning.

Cleveland - The Browns didn't go to a Super Bowl (much less win one) until they moved to Baltimore. And when the Indians made it to the World Series, they fell to the Braves in their single World Series win of several tries.

reminds me of a joke I hear from Baltimore fans around here, the best team ever out of Cleveland was the Ravens :D

I think you know where I stand on this one. :(

A few stats to remind you of our drought, including the last time a Cleveland Franchise won a title:

Browns: 1964 (prior to the inception of the Super Bowl)
Indians: 1948
Cavs: Never (franchise founded in 1970)

That's a combined 145 consecutive seasons Cleveland has gone without witnessing a Championship!! Which, btw I've never actually been a part of in my lifetime. Someday though. Someday....

The fans loyalty in this city and it's teams have to pay off at some point. I will never waiver in my support of my team either. Our city is nicknamed, "Believeland" for a reason. Our adopted city anthem is "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey. It will happen someday. I hope.......

Buffalo has only 2 major teams - it barely qualifies as a "sports city"

Gotta be Cleveland.

I think you know where I stand on this one. :(

A few stats to remind you of our drought, including the last time a Cleveland Franchise won a title:

Browns: 1964 (prior to the inception of the Super Bowl)
Indians: 1948
Cavs: Never (franchise founded in 1970)

That's a combined 145 consecutive seasons Cleveland has gone without witnessing a Championship!! Which, btw I've never actually been a part of in my lifetime. Someday though. Someday....

The fans loyalty in this city and it's teams have to pay off at some point. I will never waiver in my support of my team either. Our city is nicknamed, "Believeland" for a reason. Our adopted city anthem is "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey. It will happen someday. I hope.......

Funny, I've had the chance to see my teams win 6 Superbowls, 3 Stanely Cups and 2 World Series in my life so far.

BTW.....The 80's called, they want Journey back.:D

Funny, I've had the chance to see my teams win 6 Superbowls, 3 Stanely Cups and 2 World Series in my life so far.

BTW.....The 80's called, they want Journey back.:D

The 70's called too, and said enjoy those world series championships...the next time you'll see one of those is the next time Journey will have a hit record...;)

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)