Buffalo Sabres Trade Steve Bernier (AKA the guy they wanted for Brian Campbell)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Vancouver Canucks - News: Canucks Acquire Forward Steve Bernier - 07/04/2008

I know this might not be as big as the team moves of Hossa and Campbell, but this strikes me for one reason:

He was the guy Buffalo got when they had the guts to trade Brian Campbell.

Now, it's clear that the Sabres were ripped off.

They let Campbell go, and now they get rid of the guy they wanted!!

I love the Sabres, but Darcy Regier is an idiot. He couldn't keep Briere OR Drury (one would have been OK, but he lost BOTH?!), let McKee, Grier and Dumont go, and now this.

If Regier keeps purging the Sabres talent, I am going to go on a strike the way Bill is against the Red Sox.

This is getting annoying for me... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Vancouver Canucks - News: Canucks Acquire Forward Steve Bernier - 07/04/2008

I know this might not be as big as the team moves of Hossa and Campbell, but this strikes me for one reason:

He was the guy Buffalo got when they had the guts to trade Brian Campbell.

Now, it's clear that the Sabres were ripped off.

They let Campbell go, and now they get rid of the guy they wanted!!

I love the Sabres, but Darcy Regier is an idiot. He couldn't keep Briere OR Drury (one would have been OK, but he lost BOTH?!), let McKee, Grier and Dumont go, and now this.

If Regier keeps purging the Sabres talent, I am going to go on a strike the way Bill is against the Red Sox.

This is getting annoying for me... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

You make it sound like Bernier was as good as Briere or Drury. He's far from it.

He traded for Bernier largely because it was symbolic that he got a player back. Sabres received two draft picks for him. Essentially they traded Campbell for three draft picks (Sharks 1st 2008, Canucks 2nd 2010, Canucks 3rd 2009).

You should be trumpeting the fact that they got Craig Rivet to replace the sorry bag-of-pucks defensemen Dimitri Kalinen. Can't believe anyone signed him for how deficient he was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts