Bug: DishPVR 721 Legacy Multidish system with parallel SW-21 connections

Lobbezoo

Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Recently bought a PVR721 to watch the 119, 110, and 61.5 satellite channels with a Legacy twin Dish500 and a Dish 300.
The manual states I need to add another SW-21 wired directly from the satelite, which was done by a professional installer.

As reported last year, the 721 does not recognize the SW-21 switches. It detects SW-42 switches.

I reported this to DishNetwork, and they sent me another PVR721. This new unit gives the same result!!!! No SW-21's detected. DishNetwork Tech Support (advanced) is convinced it is the hardware, but prior reports here indicate this is a software issue.
Any solutions, except buying new dishes and switches?

Thanks.

Lobbezoo said:
Recently bought a PVR721 to watch the 119, 110, and 61.5 satellite channels with a Legacy twin Dish500 and a Dish 300.
The manual states I need to add another SW-21 wired directly from the satelite, which was done by a professional installer.

As reported last year, the 721 does not recognize the SW-21 switches. It detects SW-42 switches.

I reported this to DishNetwork, and they sent me another PVR721. This new unit gives the same result!!!! No SW-21's detected. DishNetwork Tech Support (advanced) is convinced it is the hardware, but prior reports here indicate this is a software issue.
Any solutions, except buying new dishes and switches?

Thanks.
Been there, done that, bought the t-shirts a few times. Don't let them send you more recievers. Waste of your time and theirs both as its a software issue still from what I gather. I had to push it pretty hard for a long long time to get an installer from Dish to come out with a different switch configuration and even that wouldn't work with the old LNB's. They had to install a DP-43 switch with single LNB's for it to work properly and it took 2 different attempts. First guy sent out by Dish had no idea what a 721 was let alone how to remedy the problem with different switches and numerous phone calls to his boss.

defintely a software issue the 721 will NOT work with 3 sat cascaded SW21 setup.
I had to go to SW64 with my 721. Don't waste time with trying the SW21 cascade setup because it won't work. I finally talked to a supervisor and got them to send me a SW64 and 2 duals for my legacy setup, (I talked them down to $49)but you could go with a dishpro setup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)