Bug: DishPVR 721 Legacy Multidish system with parallel SW-21 connections

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Lobbezoo

Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Recently bought a PVR721 to watch the 119, 110, and 61.5 satellite channels with a Legacy twin Dish500 and a Dish 300.
The manual states I need to add another SW-21 wired directly from the satelite, which was done by a professional installer.

As reported last year, the 721 does not recognize the SW-21 switches. It detects SW-42 switches.

I reported this to DishNetwork, and they sent me another PVR721. This new unit gives the same result!!!! No SW-21's detected. DishNetwork Tech Support (advanced) is convinced it is the hardware, but prior reports here indicate this is a software issue.
Any solutions, except buying new dishes and switches?

Thanks.

Lobbezoo said:
Recently bought a PVR721 to watch the 119, 110, and 61.5 satellite channels with a Legacy twin Dish500 and a Dish 300.
The manual states I need to add another SW-21 wired directly from the satelite, which was done by a professional installer.

As reported last year, the 721 does not recognize the SW-21 switches. It detects SW-42 switches.

I reported this to DishNetwork, and they sent me another PVR721. This new unit gives the same result!!!! No SW-21's detected. DishNetwork Tech Support (advanced) is convinced it is the hardware, but prior reports here indicate this is a software issue.
Any solutions, except buying new dishes and switches?

Thanks.
Been there, done that, bought the t-shirts a few times. Don't let them send you more recievers. Waste of your time and theirs both as its a software issue still from what I gather. I had to push it pretty hard for a long long time to get an installer from Dish to come out with a different switch configuration and even that wouldn't work with the old LNB's. They had to install a DP-43 switch with single LNB's for it to work properly and it took 2 different attempts. First guy sent out by Dish had no idea what a 721 was let alone how to remedy the problem with different switches and numerous phone calls to his boss.

defintely a software issue the 721 will NOT work with 3 sat cascaded SW21 setup.
I had to go to SW64 with my 721. Don't waste time with trying the SW21 cascade setup because it won't work. I finally talked to a supervisor and got them to send me a SW64 and 2 duals for my legacy setup, (I talked them down to $49)but you could go with a dishpro setup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts