Bug Report - H3 U343 Game Finder App. Not extending timer by 60 minutes anymore

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DCUNY

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 7, 2016
Rochester, NY
Over the past couple of days I noticed that when using the Game Finder (GF) app the timer creation function of the app behaves differently on my H3. I can tell something changed because the verbiage that displays after selecting a program to record from GF reads differently than before.

Before this most recent update, the GF has always set the timer with an automatic extension of 60 minutes late. This was consistent with the behavior when setting a sports recording from the standard EPG.

GF now operates incosistently, and you have to manually edit each timer to add 60 minutes to the timer. It would be very helpful to fix this bug.

Thank you

might go deeper than game finder

look at supercross tonight, 151, look at program info, summary, new or not, things like that. there is nothing other than summary. doesn't say new, or original air date, no information.
try setting a recording, to record series, doesn't work, recording not set. can only record this 1 event. then go to saturday the 18th 150, like 9pm. same supercross title. same problems.
not good !!

had a seek timer for motorcycle racing or something, worked great for the first few supercross races, broken now

Tmz seems to be renamed on the hopper 3,
The timer for 630 only sees the weekend show, a new timer sees the 1hr show earlier in the afternoon. 30 minutes is enough tmz for us, lol
Also motorcycle racig on a seek picked up Supercross, now its not seen this weekend on fox, have to set a timer for fox Supercross too.

Impractical jokers season 6 is in spanish for description. The one airing after is English, 2 different timers the 230 set to skip, 2pm was not to record or skip. Wtf, sigh....
Example sunday 242 at 2pm cst. Missed the season premier because the information is incorrect,

Next new one is Thursday, 9pm, no information in episodes for Spanish one, tons of episodes in the other one.

Tmz name change also i had to set a manual timer. The 630 show

I checked and couldn't find anything on if that is normal function now or not, so I will get it sent forward for additional review.

might go deeper than game finder

look at supercross tonight, 151, look at program info, summary, new or not, things like that. there is nothing other than summary. doesn't say new, or original air date, no information.
try setting a recording, to record series, doesn't work, recording not set. can only record this 1 event. then go to saturday the 18th 150, like 9pm. same supercross title. same problems.
not good !!

had a seek timer for motorcycle racing or something, worked great for the first few supercross races, broken now

Tmz seems to be renamed on the hopper 3,
The timer for 630 only sees the weekend show, a new timer sees the 1hr show earlier in the afternoon. 30 minutes is enough tmz for us, lol
Also motorcycle racig on a seek picked up Supercross, now its not seen this weekend on fox, have to set a timer for fox Supercross too.

Impractical jokers season 6 is in spanish for description. The one airing after is English, 2 different timers the 230 set to skip, 2pm was not to record or skip. Wtf, sigh....
Example sunday 242 at 2pm cst. Missed the season premier because the information is incorrect,

Next new one is Thursday, 9pm, no information in episodes for Spanish one, tons of episodes in the other one.

Tmz name change also i had to set a manual timer. The 630 show

This sounds related to a known issue of 'info not available', which has been escalated already. No other information is available other than the possible workaround which is to reset the receiver.

So next Saturday Supercross shows great information for you??
Reset, like from diag / restart, or reset like factory reset? Or reboot from red button or power cord plug??

Thanks

Dish Guide from dish anywhere shows poor information also, guessing it's not just my h3 if thst makes sense.
Impractical jokers guide looks good on the tablet, but still Spanish on my h3 box. Today at 230,

Last edited:
The reset would be your usual red button reset for the Hoppers. That's all we have at the moment though, I will include the feedback regarding DISH anywhere and that it looks fine on the tablet.

I am having the exact same problem with program info and recordings....Glad to know I am not the only one but so frustrated with the issue. Now my shows aren'the showing the picture to identify them either....I have tried resetting my h3 tons of times but nothing is working. I have messaged Dish and they said they have no idea what the problem would be.....has anyone found out why this is happening and if they are fixing it? Tired of having to manually record everything!! Seems like a weird virus or something but I am not connected to the Internet so I don'the know how it would have a virus. Someone please help!!!!!

Over the past couple of days I noticed that when using the Game Finder (GF) app the timer creation function of the app behaves differently on my H3. I can tell something changed because the verbiage that displays after selecting a program to record from GF reads differently than before.

Before this most recent update, the GF has always set the timer with an automatic extension of 60 minutes late. This was consistent with the behavior when setting a sports recording from the standard EPG.

GF now operates incosistently, and you have to manually edit each timer to add 60 minutes to the timer. It would be very helpful to fix this bug.

Thank you

An update on my post from Feb 12. The Game Finder app now appears to be working correctly. It automatically defaults to ending 60 minutes later for sporting events, the same behavior as setting up a recording from the guide. Now I don't have to manually edit every timer. I don't know what fixed it, but thank you!

^^^ no virus, its a guide data issue from dish,

Thank you....this is becoming increasingly annoying. I have had issues with something ever since I signed up for service and customer service never seems to have answers. Do you know if they are going to issue an update to fix the problems? You guys seem to have more answers than the company themselves so thank you for all your help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts