Built-In OTA Yet for Hopper?

khearrean

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
I haven't be on the forum for quite awhile & looked around for this question, but couldn't find it. But the last time I was on, there was talk of the Hopper being re-engineered/modified to include a built-in OTA module just like my 211k's. Has this taken place yet & if not, what other options are there for this....OTA Module, etc? That was the main reason I didn't move up to the Hopper when it came out because with my (2) 211's capability for OTA by having that capability, it was a simple hook-up having my RG-6 coming into my house split off with one going to SAT & the other going to OTA on the same receiver. I love the ability to seamlessly integrate my OTA locals with the SAT channels & see all via the EPG.

Ken

You don't see the Hopper OTA adapter unless your acct has a Hopper.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

And you will need a separate coax to the adapter at least from the node. The Hopper technology will no allow for passage of both signals like you can on the older VIP technology...

The Hopper will not be re-engineered or modified to have an OTA tuner built-in. Dish removed the built-in OTA tuner a number of years ago, starting with the 722k. The number of users who use it is clearly too small to include it in every unit.

They have also remover the OTA tuner from the newest 211's called the 211z.

It uses the same OTA USB adapter as the Hopper.

The trend is away, not toward built-in OTA tuners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts