Bump

Status
Please reply by conversation.
a free 922 and 12 foot dish would be worth the 6 hour drive iceberg ;-)

drhydro said:
a free 922 and 12 foot dish would be worth the 6 hour drive iceberg ;-)

but the 922 doesnt work unless you have C-Band, right?

I couldnt just hook that to the KU band?

unless......I can get my C-band working :D

(I cant mount a big C-Bander......HOA would blow up for that one :)

Yes, you can. Run a cable from the Ku LNB to the Ku input on the back of the 922. The 922 will recognize that it is a Ku signal because that is the only one coming in. The 922 has seperate C and Ku band inputs. Programing the 922 icons as to what satellite they go to is a bit confusing, we will go into that when and if the time comes.

If you want both of them you have to have a C and Ku LNB and a special A-B switch (I would have to go look to tell you what kind) on the pole. You then run a line from the C LNB to the side of the switch marked C and from the Ku LNB to the side marked Ku, then run a line from the C side of the switch to the C input on the 922, do the same on the Ku side. The 922 will recognize wether it's a C or Ku signal and will automatically change the A-B on the pole to let in the correct signal.

Clear as mud, right? It's easier to do than it is to explain in writing.

Iceberg said:
but what I heard was the channel maps dont work unless it can get a C-Band signal

That I don't know, my buddy set it up for me. I do know that after he set it up I had C and Ku coming through one line into a splitter and a toggle switch and I had to physically get off of my butt and manually flip the switch when I wanted to switch from one to the other. That lasted about a week.

I am pretty sure you can run the KU in as I said before and use the icon with the K# for Ku birds and they will come in. I do know that there are certin icons for C and Ku. For example when I want to watch G10 C Band I hit the GO icon which is the C side of the bird, when I want Ku I hit XO icon. It goes to the same place, but GO picks up C and XO picks up Ku, different frequenices. G11 is the same way, but different GB for C, XB for Ku. All of the rest of them have the old icons such as W for the old Westsar, now AMC1 for C and K1 for Ku. I told you it was confusing, but once you start doing it, it falls in right in place. When I get a chance I will unhook the C Band and see if the Ku works, I'll let you know.

I know the channel maps are only on C-band, but if he does not do a master reset, I am not sure if the time it is unpluged if it will lose all the maps, then he will need to reload them again needing C-band.

Damn was out of town all weekend and guess where?? Milwaukee!!! Went to a truck race and brewers game Damnit!!

switch

I have a chaparral M200C and a Von Weise actuator so far can only get one bird as don't know the wire hookups to make dish move. Also it has c/ku
and the and switch is a chaparral V/H 1 switch inputs are: RF INPUT "A" & RF INPUT "B and one coxial cable to RF INPUT on receiver and a place to hook up two wires and don't know where to hook them up any help? :confused:
Also need help on the actuator wiring Thanks
bschmitt

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts