BUNNY - It's what's for lunch!

Would you eat rabbit?

• I've eaten it, I'll probably eat it again.

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • I've eaten it, never again.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll never knowingly eat it.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I'll never knowingly eat it, and I think eating it should be outlawed!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Would you eat rabbit? How about smoked rabbit kidney?

-I've eaten it, I'll probably eat it again.
-I've eaten it, never again.
-I'll never knowingly eat it.
-I'll never knowingly eat it, and I think eating it should be outlawed!

Well, I haven't eaten it, but I might try it at least once. I never thought I would like deer meat, but I love it. So I think I would try rabbit one time.

Drat! I was so rushed to leave work, I forgot to put in the poll option "Haven't tried it but might do so." Could a kindly wandering MOD be so kind as to correct my oversight? :luvlove:

I assume you were referring to wild rabbits. This was my first hunting experience as a kid. Dad taught me how to hunt with a 20 Ga shot gun. Then he taught me how to skin the rabbit and get it ready for mom to cook it. I did not do the cooking. The worst part of eating rabbit I shot was picking out the pellets.

I also had two pet rabbits and I never equated the pets with the wild rabbit. My wife, as a kid had pet ducks and her father killed them and cooked them for the family. Obviously, that didn't go over too well with her nor her brothers. She says from that time on, any animal that can be a pet, she can't eat even if it wasn't a pet. But that's her story, We had an aquarium once and she has no trouble eating fish or sashimi.

I've had it, no big deal really though it is a bit bland for my tastes. Had jellyfish, sea cucumber, eel, ostrich, buffalo, coon, opossum, rattlesnake, gator, shark, elk, crab, lobster, various clams/mussels, ants, grasshoppers, meal worms, snails, grubs, brains, kidneys, heart, tongue, stomach and other things. Plan to try sea cicada this spring/summer if I can build a strong and big enough surf net to catch them. I've got a cookbook called the Decadent cookbook that has some very unusual recipes that include flamingo and stuffed door mouse to name a few I remember.

Haven't had rabbit in quite a while, but it really is quite good (wild or domestic). Very lean.

When I was very young, we raised rabbits for eating. My brother and I would play with them while we were raising them. We just shifted to new rabbits to play with when necessary.