Burt Reynolds - the man, the moustache, the movies :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trey

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 2, 2004
SC
I recently picked up a new DVD copy of Cannonball Run II (1983) in shrink wrap for $5, and it reminded me what a great light entertainment star 'ol Burt was. Maybe we should start honoring his films while he is still alive?:cool:

Hooper (1978)

hooper_ver2.jpg

126.jpg

Firebird 6.6 liter V8

Car05-Hooper.jpg

I will never understand why this film never won an Academy Award.:D

CannonballRunIIa.jpg

CannonballRunIIb.jpg

Well, it did get nominated for 8 Razzies...... :D

Poor Burt, to paraphrase Rodney Dangerfield, he doesn't get no respect.:D

And this is probably why, lol.

Stroker Ace, includes Lonnie Anderson (batteries sold separately)

376.jpg

Hal Needham (who directed Smokey, Stroker etc. )was at the Daytona 500 Race and I got a chance to talk to him. I hadn't seen him in about 20 years since he was part of the Universal Wild West Stunt Show opening back in 1991 or so. He has a new book out called Stuntman.

Some of the things he told me .

They filmed Smokey and the Bandit in and around Jonesborough, Georgia.
Hal said CB Radios helped make Smokey and the Bandit a hit. Also having Burt in the movie helped. And the music by Jerry Reed
Jackie Gleason didn't like the swearing in the script. He didn't want to do the movie because of it. They had to explain to him how it would be used in the movie and he was then OK with it.
Hal said he called Coors and asked them for Beer for the movie . It's what you see in the Warehouse at the start. They used it to film the part they needed , then they drank it all.

Also, someone pointed out that Hot Rod did a story about the locations used in the movie. I finally found the online version.
Smokey And The Bandit - Movie Tour - Hot Rod Magazine

Also Check out American Trucker on Speed . They will be doing a special show on the Smokey and the Bandit Movie .
Episode 3: Bandit And The Snowman (March 3, 10:00 pm EST)

Also check out the stunt he did on The Tonight Show in 1968

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)