Bury cable during installation

I haven't seen any recent threads on this. If one of my Joeys needs to be in my man cave, will Dish bury a run of 40 feet or so during installation? If so, is that included ??
Usually, the drop from the dish to the D Mark is included up to 50 feet....All other cable burials are chargeable.
That is especially true now that before a tech so much as puts a shovel in the ground, he must place a call to One Call to have the utilities located.

It's part of the install but most techs will try to get out of it trying to say another tech is coming or for you to volunteer to bury the cable yourself
Part of what install?
Are you saying that lets suppose for a moment there are multiple cables which need to be buried, the tech has to do it free of charge?.....
No way. I would bury from the dish to the D Mark only.....If a custy wanted more than that, they were informed that was a chargeable service....Same went for more than one wall penetration( exterior to interior).....Both these items were spelled out on the reverse side of the work order......Perhaps things have changed. Another reason for me to stay as far away from fulfillment as humanly possible.

It's part of the install but most techs will try to get out of it trying to say another tech is coming or for you to volunteer to bury the cable yourself

Jesus, Claude, what's is your OCD about burying cables? In-house techs are NOT allowed to break ground without calling 811 first. 811 MUST be called and ground marked, and then Dish schedules a tech to come out on a follow up appointment to bury the cable. If they trench/dig before that, they're subject to discipline up to and including termination.
If you got a problem with that, then why don't you call your old buddy Charlie up and bitch to him about it. Though I'm pretty sure he doesn't take your calls

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts