Business Why QVC is launching a new TV channel dedicated entirely to beauty products

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
Home-shopping giant QVC is making a play to grab a bigger share of the booming beauty business: It is launching a separate TV network dedicated solely to cosmetics, fragrances and skincare.

The channel, to be called Beauty iQ, is set to arrive in 40 million U.S. homes in November on providers such as DirecTV and Dish. It will feature live programming five nights a week, with the rest of its schedule rounded out by recorded beauty-centric segments.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...hannel-dedicated-entirely-to-beauty-products/

"i wonder if dish will offer this channel in HD and can add the rest of the two other QVC channels in HD"
my own opinion.

"i wonder if dish will offer this channel in HD and can add the rest of the two other QVC channels in HD"
my own opinion.
Why in the hell would you want those in HD? I need of some beauty tips, and want to see how to do it in better clarity than 480i?

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Why in the hell would you want those in HD? I need of some beauty tips, and want to see how to do it in better clarity than 480i?

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
hey at least i am reporting the news on this new channel i do not know if dish will allow this new channel in hd. just saying

A side note - this channel or concept has existed for awhile OTA evenings here. It's called QVC Over Air.

This seemed like the best place to post about QVC.
For reference we buy occasionally from QVC and HSN. We have not experienced the problems listed except for slow shipping which can be very slow. We may not order enough to see the other problems.

They have been having financial troubles, which have turned into much higher customer complaints. The troubles started before the virus with very under preforming stocks in the middle of last year.
QVC and QVC2 has cut back tremendously on live on air programming. They were 24hrs on two channels for awhile. Then QVC2 went to partially live during the day with a mix of pre-recorded shows from QVC and all pre recorded overnight.

Then QVC went to about 19 hrs live and overnight is pre- recorded.
Now QVC2 has gone to no live programming and several hosts have been let go.

The QVC Beauty channel OTA ceased quite sometime ago here, they still have QVC OTA.
Customer complaints have greatly increased. You can see them both in the QVC Community, and the BBB site along with people's own facebook pages all with similar issues.
Returns take forever to get reimbursed now, shipping at times for in stock items can take three weeks all indicating a money flow issue. People have their card charged but then the item does not ship, QVC says they made a mistake and the item was sold out, however getting a refund can take weeks.

QVC increased the minimum months to pay from two to three, often giving 4. That means they are carrying much more credit for items already shipped not paid for at a longer time. They did it to help spur sales but it may be hurting cash flow.

With the recent changes they do point to the Virus as the reason. But anywhere I read and common sense tells you they should be experiencing much higher sales because of the virus. So either they are not operating efficiently and are losing money with sales and/or they are not selling enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)